Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi all, I recently moved away from where I grew up, in Pennsylvania, and I find that I cannot find a way to get my favorite local brew of choice where I live now, in Las Vegas. Yurngling is a microbrew founded in Pa, and is now pretty big, but they do not have a national presence, so I cannot get them out west. Does anyone know of any national distributor that I can use to order my favorite hometown brew? Hopefully someone has heard of Yuengling too =D

Thanks
    Mike

there are no national distributors of alcoholic beverages. it's a state by state deal, and even families that own franchises in different states have to run them as separate companies. the 21st amendment, which was passed on december 5th, 1933, repealed prohibition but also said that alcoholic beverages may not be transported across state lines and left the control of alcohol up to the states. basically, the only way you will get some yuengling is if a friend of yours brings you some the next time he comes to vegas. a lot of people do that, and it's not like you will be arrested or anything. my friend just brought me a quarter barrel of the stuff from rutgers when he was home over thanksgiving. i feel you, bro.

for more information about state by state liquor control laws, go to www.wswa.org and click on public.
    woot woot

I know this won't do anything for you but you can contact them at the following addy/phone #. Maybe they can help.

Yuengling Brewery
    5th & Mahantongo Streets
    Pottsville, PA 17901
    (570) 622-4141

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like there are any distributors for Yuengling in Nevada.

http://www.yuengling.com/distrib.htm

I'm in the same boat as I recently moved from Philly to LA. Sad times.

Yuengling has definitely expanded though. You can get it in a lot of different places now.
    Go Cats!

Have you tried Anchor Steam? Do they have any of those liquor warehouse stores in Vegas, like Beverages and More? There are so many micro-brews available you are sure to find something close to Yuengling. When in PA I thought Yuengling and other microbrews were great, but so are many other labels.

I saw something interesting the other day at a store in PA. Yuengling Premium in 2-way glass. The boxes they were in looked ancient -- I was scared to buy the stuff, because I do know that this store tends to let stuff expire. Anyone know if this stuff is fresh? Or old?

the boxes look like crap because they reuse them so much. i'd buy it.

lots of the brewers outlet stores carry two way glass beer.
    woot woot

There should be a julian code date on the bottle usually on the neck, hold it towards the light until you find it. Julian code is the numbered date of the day of the year to which it was bottled.

From what I know, Yuengling Lager is only sold on the east cost. (Maine To The Southern tip of Florida). It's a shame that America's oldest beer is not availible nationwide.

* Whenever you visit PA again I recomend you stock up *

[ 09-28-2005, 09:11 PM: Message edited by: Mello Yello Luver ]
    Mello Yello Fans, visit my Forum: <a href=\"http://p2.forumforfree.com/melloyellofansi.html\" target=\"_blank\">http://p2.forumforfree.com/melloyellofansi.html</a>