Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alcohol Energy

So people are talking about B-E, I've heard about Sparks (tang) and then there's the new one, Liquid Charge, good stuff. Thoughts on the category? Seems like a good idea to me, why waste the time with a rockstar if I can get something with alcohol for the same price?

I tried B-E and it wasn't bad. I dislike Bud in general; stuff is like a laxative to me but that is another story. It tastes like beer with a Red Bull aftertaste. Not bad for a first try but I'd rather have an energy drink like Bawls mixed with citrus vodka.

Go Fast mixed with Mikes Hard Lemonade and Citrus Vodka. Very Tastey.

There is also one called Gruv that we have around here in Chicago

I just tasted one called Red Square at the Bev Retailer Show in Vegas. It was pretty good. Two versions, one was a mixed drink, one was a shot.

hmm, i think i heard of red square..

i've seen "gruv" on the shelves herein chicago, but havent tried it yet.. looks interesting, i will pick up some at some point... whats it taste like?

i am pretty content with Bud Extra (or b-to-the-e or whatever) and regular ole red bull+vodka..

only wish they had a bud extra light or low carb version in the works, anyone know if they do?

Personally, I don't think any alcohol energy drink that is out right now that can touch Sparks. The stuff is great and they just launched a Light version, too.

There is also one called 3 Sum. The only place I have come across it though is at an account called Millions and MLT's in Cincinnati OH. It was better than Sparks but came in an 8.3 ounce can. Sparks is the best that I have found in general circulation. Haven't been able to find Liquid Charge yet but I heard it isn't in the midwest yet.

Gruv and B E are really bad versions of these types of drinks. I think both are pretty bad tasting.

Harpers Ferry, West Virginia/ Frederick, Maryland

Gimme a break.

in the hood they mix sparks and heineken half and half.
    mmmmmmmmmmmm
    woot woot