Bevboard

picked up a 200ml bottle of Johnnie Walker Green at a local store for $14.99, just to give it a shot, and everyone seems to charge $55-60 for a bottle of green, so I wasnt about to drop that..

havent tried it yet and only briefly smelled it, but I wasnt impressed by the smell... will give it a go here sometime soon..

also, today I ran across 200ml JW Gold's, which I had never seen before except in the 4 packs that are about $100-120 (red/black/gold/blue, all 200mls)... they didnt have a price tag and so i asked the girl and she just read the price tag nearest and said "$10.99"... so i picked them both up, at that price, a bottle of gold would be like $44... and its normally $70, so if they had more, i woulda bought all I could..

so i have 2 bottles of gold here and not sure what to do wtih them, sell them for a profit or try them.. probably sell one and keep one.

anyways, post your thoughts on red, black, green, gold or blue if you enjoy or have tried any of them!

so... no thoughts on this huh????

Well,it does seem that you got some good bargains.
    When I was a drinking man,I was not into Johnnie Walker. I do remember one long night of drinking some red label at a wild Halloween party but that is off the subject. LOL

When I did drink it was Jack Daniels black label.
    We drank maybe a bottle over the weekend so price was not too much of a thought. Jack Daniels like any good whiskey is an acquired taste. LOL

I just noticed this thread, so I'll revive it for what it's worth.

I am also mostly a JD black drinker, and occassionally some of the scotches. On that thought, this past weekend I attended a whiskey tasting that was part of the Stone Mountain Highland Games festivities. Never had done this before and it was quite informative. It was sponsored by, of course, Johnny Walker. They had three small samples of single malt and blended scotch in front of you, and the fourth was JW Black. I appreciated the tastes, but as you stated because of the prices, I will be sticking mostly with JD. They also gave away as door prizes, some of the JW gold and green labels that I had not heard of before.
    Give me caffeine and sugar as long as my body will allow it!!< >Dave

Scotch is an acquired taste. However, there is so much versatility in the category so one can find something to their taste. Blends are made to be more approachable and good for new scotch drinkers. My favorite blend is the Famous Grouse. Single malts can be more polarizing as they vary tremendously. Some love the peaty Isyla style while some prefer the sweeter styles coming from the Highlands. In terms of peat, I like Bruichladdich which is my favorite Isyla distillery.