Bevboard

http://apnews.excite.com/article/200...D8HN3PP00.html

A-B takes over the brand, but will move prodution of the beer from the Latrobe Brewery that has brewed it since 1939. A-B will make the move in August, so you still have a few months to get some before the switch.

I just hope they don't screw it up.

oh you know it's gonna be botched. it's a dying brand here in michigan, one of it's stronger states. it's not even found in something like 40% of the country. a-b is trying to regionalize to get some uniqueness into it's distributors because the portfolio of a-b (bud, bud light, busch, busch light, natty ice, natty light, o'doul's, bud select, busch ice, king cobra, hurricane malt) is not unique and merely hits every facet/pricing segment of the typical macro american beer industry. that said, a-b has realized (not publicly, but through their actions) that they have commoditized the american brewing industry and have turned it merely into a canned means to intoxication, nothing more and nothing less.

it's the busch lighting of american beer. rolling rock will merely help aid their distributors whose eroding profits (along with the brewery, which needs to keep up production in its east coast facility due to increased competition from international brands) try to add some flavor to their portfolio. of course if you've ever had a Rock Green Light, there isn't much flavor to be had.

I have never been a huge fan of the Rock but I think this will seal the deal- unless the price goes down while maintaining quality I doubt I will pick it up again.
    <b>Hey Pepsi, Shasta called, they want their lemon-lime back.</b>