Bevboard

I noticed there are a lot of rumors online about the death of B-to-the-E but those are unfounded!

The good news is that Bud Extra will be rebranded. Gone will be the incredibly hard to discuss name (ie. is it B-E?) the new labeled name will be written "B Extra" and the name will remain Bud Extra.

This is a great idea and I've suggested it to A-B many times (not that I take credit for this haha) but I would constantly have issues ordering Bud Extra at the bar when I had to rattle off about 10 different varations of the name.

There will also be new labels and can sizes! The new images look cleaner and are sharp.

Find more from A-B's site @ Beer Profits

Watch out sparks!

[ 10-10-2006, 08:02 PM: Message edited by: The Baz ]

that stuff was Nasty!
    PepsiCo...BRING BACK SLICE!

Now wasn't "B to the E" Bud's beer/energy concoction? I though Bud Extra was a premium version of Budweiser - two different products?

Nope! This was the serious issue with B-E. No one really knew it's name. It has always been Bud Extra but written B to the power of E. To prove this point, the website http://www.budextra.com has always been the official site for B^E. That is the only way I discovered the "true" name to this beer.

I'm glad they've ditched the B to the E labeling as it was bizarre and hard to communicate.

Edit: I just went to revist the website and noticed all original images of Bud Extra have been wiped and the new designs are up.

[ 10-13-2006, 04:22 AM: Message edited by: The Baz ]

Just asking a lame question,which is more of a vent. How could a major,perhaps the king daddy of the mass beer business be so short sighted in naming a brand that would be so "un-catchy"?

Like naming Bubble Yum......Bub to The Yum Chew.
    Just blows my mind on how these new brand extensions get positioned and marketed.

Venting over. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 10-13-2006, 11:45 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
    Like naming Bubble Yum......Bub to The Yum Chew.
    You crack me up Zabe! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Yeah this is one of those products that had bomb written all over it. I agree with Zabe its amazing that companies can push out such half-baked products when they have so many creative people working for them.
    <b>Hey Pepsi, Shasta called, they want their lemon-lime back.</b>

Originally posted by SURGE:
    Yeah this is one of those products that had bomb written all over it. I agree with Zabe its amazing that companies can push out such half-baked products when they have so many creative people working for them.
    A bunch of Power Suits that have their only touch of reality coming from their wanne be gangsta kids living in the burbs. They emulate the way their kids speak when the kids don't think their parents are listeing. B to the E was catchy and probably had some post frat boys high fiving in a confernece room one morning on such a great name they came up with.
    Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!

hmmmm

another bomb in the new product category by a-b?

sparks doesn't have to watch out for this one...

I don't think that Bud Extra will bomb. This rebranding shows that A-B is committed to the product. Sparks is popular but don't count BE out yet. BTW, the new designs are out and look great