Bevboard

Press Release: Michelob taps into Heritage

Some of you might have noticed the new commercials but a quick heads up for those that have not. Michelob and Michelob light have recieved massive makeovers in bottle design. They now sport an elegant tear-drop shape similiar to the original style's design.

It's a bold move by A-B to save this plummeting beer line that also has some issues like dealing with Michelob Ultra's branding.

I applaud the new/old look. I was a huge fan of Michelob for years because of its stylish, classy and somewhat sophisticated shape of the bottle. It would allow me to walk into a nice restaurant and order a beer while everyone else was having cocktails and wine and not have the feeling as if I should be in a honky tonk.
    I have drank Miller Lite and Bud Light for years but yesterday my wife and I went to the store and I picked up a 12 pack of Michelob Lite.
    They have already won back an old customer.
    Oh Yeah, It actually tatse like beer. I almost forgot what that tatse was! LOL
    Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!

Greg,
    Funny but I had the very same memories. The old Michelob bottle was sort of a status symbol. The new bottle looks very appealing.

As you know I really appreciate the old school touches with new designs.

[ 02-18-2007, 08:46 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
    Greg,
    Funny but I had the very same memories. The old Michelob bottle was sort of a status symbol. The new bottle looks very appealing.

As you know I really appreciate the old school touches with new designs.
    Mr. Zabe, Good Morning, We have a touch of that Chicago weather here this weekend in South Florida. However, NO SNOW!
    The bottle is a little different. Same basic shape but elongated a bit. The base where the tear drop ends is not as tight as it used to be. The Wrapper doesn't cover the top of the neck and go onto the bottle cap like it used to either. That is probably better because I remember sometime as you took off the old screwcap it could rip the label and your looking cool factor went way down. LOL
    Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!