Bevboard

Page 1 of 60 1231151 ... LastLast

I have always woundered why for so long. Why does everyone talk down on Peter Van Stolk. Why does everyone talk down on Jones. Why does everyone talk down on Urban Juice and Sode. Now I know why. Cause they are all a bunch of Jack Asses. The distributor that I am with has built Jones up in the Greater San Francisco area. Were supported with no P.O.S. No rep to help get accounts. No nothing for the company. But yet we built Jones up in less than 2 years from nothing, to an almost cult item in many stores...We are flying through 2 trucks a month in the winter time...gearing up for 4 trucks a month in the summer. So what is our thanks for making the Jones name known in the Bay Area. We get it taken away from us. 7-UP will be taking over Jones in the No. Cali area. 7-Up will only be doing 6 flavors and will not be doing Whoop Ass. Jones for all I am concerned can go bankrupt tomarrow...SCREW JONES...SCREW PETER VAN STOLK...AND SCREW EDIE BLACK

dude, why did they say they were taking it from you??? it doesnt make sense for them to do that, if you are telling the truth, or rather the whole story..ujs, and peter vanstolk are not stupid, and do not just pull the brand from capable distributors...i think you are withholding the other side of the story. a very similiar situation occured in a different state and ujs had every reason in the world to pull the brand from that distributor. just curious....

Hey Littleguy, there is no other story than we got screwed...We (millennium brands/bottoms up beverage) are Urbans #4 Jones distributor in the overall...We got the Soda into Cal Berkely, Chico, Cal State Hayward, Diablo Valley College, P.W. Supermarkets, Save-mart, Albertsons (and dont say Jones did anything to help us there, my boss Tom Deturk actually set everything up with no help from Jones) We are in numerous head shops, skate shops, Longs, Walgreens, 7-11's you name it, we are there...So what did we do wrong, I guess we sold to much with no support from jones, thats what we did wrong. Is Peter a genius, Yeah, he should be locked up in a room and just come up with ideas, but thats it. He had obviously shown he is not a business person. I always woundered why all the people on the bevnet talked **** about Jones and the company. Now I know why. They are back stabing, have no loyalty, and are only trying to please their stockholders before they sell out to Cadbery-schwebs. So once agin I will say. Screw Jones, Screw Peter Van Stolk, Screw Eddie Black, and you little guy. Screw You. Do I sound pissed. Yeah I am. Do I think Jones is an awsome selling Soda. Yeah, do I think there is really a replacement out there for Jones. No. But there are better selling brands. And that gap will just keep widening. JONES, GOOD JOB ON GOING WITH THE WORSE 7-UP DISTRIBUTOR IN THE US...WHOS AVERAGE SALESPERSONS' AGE IS 45, THEY ARE REALLY GOING TO GET BEHIND ALL 6 FLAVORS OF JONES THAT THEY WILL CARRY. AND SINCE THEY HAVE THUNDERBOLT, WHO NEEDS WHOOPASS...REALLY GOING DOWN THE RIGHT PATH NOW JONES...Here in northern cali...you can start putting your bottels right next to Tommy Knockers your **** is done here.

da truth Guest

Hey Ron,

Check out Cool Mountain....12 great flavs.

Taste better thanjones. Packaging not as good as jones.

I have sampled all 12.
    www.coolmountain.com

No I don't wotk for them. I don't play them games.

I dont know that Cool Mountain would fill in the gaps that Jones will leave us with...But I know one thing I would want from Danny Ginsberg...thats BAWLS...the gurana "Blue" Bawls...Danny, I know you have a statewide contract with the Florida company, so E-mail me with some terms and lets see if we cant do some business....and just so this all fits the topic...
    SCREW JONES...SCREW PETER VAN STOLK...AND SCREW EDDIE BLACK...I dont know what I hate more...Peter Van Stolk, or his high pitched little girls voice...

peter van stolk Guest

Ron
    I want to start by saying that I admire your passion, and respect your opinion. Where we differ is on the facts. Without all the facts, it's hard to have a intellegent conversations. The facts are that on March 24/00 at 3pm. Eddie Black and Myself, were having a conference call with the president of your company to resolve the problem. The spirtit of the conversation was to find a solution with a win-win result for both companies. We had a great conversation. Now if I am bull****ting you, I would suggest that you call him, you have his number. Being that I am a dumb ass high pitched stupid business person, my approach would be to get all the facts, and close the deal before you insult the person your negotiating with, but your approach makes so much more sense, insult the person so he is motivated to get your company the best deal, and work with you in the future.
    Maybe I should be locked in a room so that I could spend more time having conversations with intelligent people like yourself in the beverage industry.
    How you feeling, your stomach ok. Good The phone is about to ring. Please explain your business savvy to Alex, or Mike, I'm sure they want to learn all your other business moves.

Abad Guest

As a store owner, I've been getting Jones Soda from Millennium for about a year. I also deal with 7-Up Bottling, and cannot possibly understand why Jones would change from a good, upstart business that I'm satisfied with to a tired old company that calls me on the phone for orders. Ron is my salesman for Jones and that spot will be replaced with another of his items if/when he no longer sells Jones.

And for Mr. Van Stok, your slogan is "run with the little guy". Indeed, you have become very small.

David Guest

My name is David, I own 3 7-11 stores in the East Bay Area. Ron Swedelson is my sales rep. from Millennium Brands. He has always given me great service. In each of my stores I have a full shelf of Jones sodas, and in 2 of my stores I show a display area for the Jones. I don't know who that Peter guy is, but if he says hes the one in negotiations with Ron's company. Then I just want him to know. If anyone other than Ron is servicing my stores, I will not Jones Soda. Even though I get weekley orders from Ron on the Jones soda. I will replace Jones with another one of Ron's items.

hungryguy09 Guest

Alright everyone lets grow up.

Hey Ron, I thought you were just talking up Jones Soda as recently as last week. This is what happens in the real world. Brands change hands all the time. Millenium Brands is and will always be a good brand builder, but your company is an inch thick and a mile wide. With Jones going to 7-Up it means a whole lot to the investors in Jones. They did the same thing up in Oregon and Washington last year. California is just a natural move. Next move is the sale. Sorry you're so disappointed, but this happens in the beverage business every day!