Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I don't who who to be pissed at, Dr Pepper or the local Coke distributor who handles Dr Pepper.
    First off let me say I have no interest in the Spiderman movie or anything else Spiderman. That said, WHERE IN THE HELL ARE THE DR PEPPER SPIDERMAN CANS????? Its Memorial Day week, large volumes of soda are going to be sold. Dr Pepper is $1.99 a 12 pack at one store AND ALL I FIND ARE THE G*D-DAMN GENERIC DR PEPPER CANS AND 12 PACKS WITHOUT THE 65cent OFF COUPON. A**h*les!!! GET WITH IT. Are you pussies afraid that the redemtion of the coupon will hurt your bottom line? F**k that, you will make up for it in volume. I could have 6-8 12 packs right now, but without the 65 cent coupon I will hold off. If I have to cut back to 5 cans a week I will do that. If I can stock up on cheap Dr Pepper I tend to drink more. Plus I want one each of the Spiderman cans. I was lucky to find some Spidey 12 packs at a Wallymart sveral weeks ago and that was the ONLY spotting of Spiderman cans in the area. Sure you throw us a bone with Diet Dr Pepper Spiderman 12 packs with the coupon but I'm not falling for that ploy to increase sales of Diet.
    According to Dr Pepper's Clock Dial magazine the 65cent off coupon was issued in areas that had the poorest per capita sales of Dr Pepper. Well if you pricks continue I see a 75cent coupon in the future for this area because I am buying less.
    Its your fault for training us consumers to wait for the cheapest price and with the buyout of the smaller Coke distributors buy the likes of CCE the days of $2.99 and less 12 packs look to have gone the way of Crystal Pepsi. Same for Pepsi. PBG gets a hold of the smaller dist that served the area and prices go up and store service goes down. How long does my store have to wait to have someone come replace burned out lightbulbs in the Pepsi cooler? Would have been 1 day with the old company.
    I can easily cross the border to Pennsylvania to see if the stores there carry the Spiderman cans. If so well some other bottler got the sale and you lost out.
    I will go back Friday to the store that has the $1.99 Dr Pepper. With the volume thay do the current stock should sell down and new will have come in. If the Spiderman cans are there then this rant was partially for nothing. If they are not there, SCREW YOU and I hope the parent company gets its wish and yanks Dr Pepper and replaces with Pibb Xtra (which various Coke reps have told me would happen if Coke gets its way). If Dr Pepper has anything do do with the lack of Spiderman cans and coupons then I hope Red Fusion blows up in your face.
    Now its time for me to calm down by drinking an ice cold Stewarts Root Beer. Over and out [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    Whatcha gonna do mama now that the roast beef is gone?

Whoa, Dr Pepperman!!! Sorry to hear about your dilemma! You know, I was delivering beverages to the Spider Man production office at Sony Studios and I couldn't get a Spider Man poster for my little nephew; the one they had on the wall... they said that they had bought it in a novelty shop! Hooray for Hollywood, eh?

Well... I'd guess that perhaps the supplier of the cans is at fault but who knows...

I hear that movie's doing pretty good; perhaps when the sequel comes out they'll be ordering some pretty ritzy stuff, like the cane sugar Dr Pepper for example [img]smile.gif[/img]

Good luck in your quest Dr Pepperman!
    Keep in mind that the King Of Pop\'s crown is not made from a bunch of melted aluminum cans!

Nice Rant!!!!

Yeah we have those spiderman peppers, 65¢ off and Pepsi prod. are on sale for $2 this week!!!
    Sorry man I hope you find your Pepper!

-Avery
    <b>Hey Pepsi, Shasta called, they want their lemon-lime back.</b>

For what it's worth I was at Smart & Final today buying canned Caffeine Free Diet Coke for movie stars... yes, I had to do it! Anyway, I saw the 12pks of Dr Pepper with the 65¢ thing and the Spiderman info. The 12pks were 3 for $7.98.

Didn't see any more Jones there...
    Keep in mind that the King Of Pop\'s crown is not made from a bunch of melted aluminum cans!

&gt;Now its time for me to calm down by drinking an &gt;ice cold Stewarts Root Beer.

Heh, yeah, forget the Doctor, Stewart is where its at! Hey, I also graciously got a new design Birch Beer, so thanks Pepperman for gettin me the old ones - you dont need to get me any more! All I need now is a dang full Draft.
    Visit my Stewart\'s Museum at<br /> <a href=\"http://www.clemson.edu/~wlarkin/\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.clemson.edu/~wlarkin/</a>

Dr. Pepper Spider-Man 12 packs, along with the entire Dr. Pepper and Pepsi line of 12 pack product, is all on sale at my Kroger for $1.69 each! I noticed that the file clerks had changed over to the new sale before the store opening Wednesday morning. I'm off today, so i'm expecting to see some barren shelves when I go in Thursday night. Hell, the shelves might be gone, knowing our customers...... I know our Dr. Pepper sales rep usually likes dealing with Kroger and hates going to Wal-Mart (one manager there will want a massive DP display, and whatever manager's in charge the next day will order it taken down, rinse, repeat) but I feel sorry for those guys. They are going to have to bust their ***** to keep up with demand at our sale price. I'm going to have to pick up some myself, considering i'm down to 2 bottles left from my case of Dublin Dr. Pepper.

The Spiderman Dr Pepper would be like liquid Irish Spring compared to Dublins!!!!

Hey I think those 5 asterisks are not because of profanity; rather they form the last part of Ifs Ands & YouKnowWhatts which is this really cool soda shop in Dallas who dares to sell quality beverages via the internet and has a few that bevs direct has and has thus been reduced to asterisks as a result.

No worries Shatter! I am back in business with Dublin Dr Pepper! Bite me corporate DPSU!
    banned

I asked 2 Coke guys why the last 2 Dr Pepper 12 pack promotions have passed this area buy. Neither could answer why. One said a store had a sale which claimed most of the Spiderman promo packs but I doubt that. How could every store in the region not have the packs? I have yet to see the 20oz Spiderman promo bottles. Good thing I do not want the Dr Pepper/Spiderman T-shirt from that on package promo.

[ 05-23-2002, 05:19 PM: Message edited by: dr pepperman ]

Well I'm not so PO'd anymore. A trip south of the border to an evil Wally Mart turned up 12 and 24 packs of Dr Pepper/Spiderman packs. I loaded up by buying a 24 pack, taking it to the car, cutting of the coupon and returning for another. did this 3 times. Got all the Spiderman desing cans. Across the street I found 20oz bottles of Diet and Reg with the Spiderman promo. Thanks whichever Pepsi bottler handles Dr Pepper in the Mansfield, Pa area.