Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Harpers Ferry, West Virginia/ Frederick, Maryland

No posts here for a while. What's right with everything all of a sudden? Nothing new to complain about?

Sigh... There's PLENTY to complain about! I want to walk into a store and buy SURGE in CANS and BOTTLES! I want to find dnL in CANS and BOTTLES! I want to try these different flavors of MELLO YELLO! FANTA has THREE exclusive flavors in ROMANIA! What's up with THAT? I saw an ad on the back of a Spanish MAXIM that advertised a new citrus soda from Coca-Cola called BEAT! I want it, so of course I can't find it ANYWHERE! Maybe it tastes like SURGE, maybe it DOESN'T! Maybe I'd like it either way, but how will I know if I can't FIND it? And how can anyone possibly swallow a single mouthful of TAB? Or PEPSI TWIST? Or PEPSI BLUE? I don't like them!

You are expecting results from the Coca-Cola Company; for the last 20 years they've not really cared a whole lot about consumers who drink soda for any reason other than just habit...
    Keep in mind that the King Of Pop\'s crown is not made from a bunch of melted aluminum cans!

Ok, I've got a complaint. Today I received spam from a "Lance Nickens" pimping his ad agency. Shame on him for harvesting email addresses from this board.

[ 03-25-2003, 06:17 PM: Message edited by: fusion ]

As you all know, I'm still fuming about SURGE but now I'm also mad about Citra as well. Take away everything I love why don't ya?

Whoah Whoah Whoah...what is this talk about taking away Citra? I hope this is just in your market and not accross the board. Thats a great drink. And even better with Tequila

Sadly Ron, there have been a few different locations here on the board that have reported the same thing It is a great drink, I hope it's not a national trend.

Does it seem that all the truly great drinks were created fifty to a hundred years ago, but anything created within the last decade just isn't accepted by the buying public? Only the sodas that have a huge advertising budget behind them stick around. And drinks like Citra, Surge, Mello Yello Melon, and damn near anything new made by Pepsi get discontinued.

Hey Ron-
    I think I met your wife last week.
    XOXOXO

The drinks created decades ago were created independently and by people who really put their soul into the drinks. The garbage that gets made up nowadays is a medley of copycat junk that some board of directors and their stinktank of golf players puts together with a bunch of scientists and their main concerns in addition to indoctrinating children into buying it is to connect everything to movies and sporting events and to corner the market on the availability of publicity. The actual drink and/or its quality are so far down the totem pole that you may have to dig down a bit to even reach it. But of course that is only my opinion; what do I know?
    Keep in mind that the King Of Pop\'s crown is not made from a bunch of melted aluminum cans!