Bevboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

I just thought I'd be fair to a little company with a solid product line, considering all the rancor on the other topic thread.

Jones seems to have tightened the belts and ramped up for big sales next quarter. All those whom have been predicting the demise of Jones (including myself) appear to have been quite wrong, indeed. My hat's off to them.

440 posts for hate and none for love (xept this one) the people have spoken.
    <b>Hey Pepsi, Shasta called, they want their lemon-lime back.</b>

Not to sound stupid, but what is the Jones company? And why don't people like it?

Harpers Ferry, West Virginia/ Frederick, Maryland

No one has really ever said why they hate the Jones Soda Company, just complained and said that they hate them. I know why I don't like them. I think the drink tastes bad. I don't care for the bottles either.

[ 10-24-2003, 03:31 PM: Message edited by: BottleBoss ]

Interesting how on the thread 'who LOVES the Jones Company' all of the chatter is about curiosity over why people hate it. So far no reasons have been giving for loving it, or for that matter, even liking it.

For those who are curious there is like the longest thread on this board that can entertain you for hours as to why people hate the company.

As for the people who haven't even heard of Jones, this is probably the result of their having disappeared from so many markets.

Now, talk about Dumb and Dumber... there's now some clown running around in LA trying to sell both Cool Mountain and Jones at the same time. Cool Mountain serves a purpose to cover some of the Jones flavors that other brands do not make, for those who feel they must have them; but selling them both? Is it legal to go bankrupt twice if it's simultaneous?
    Keep in mind that the King Of Pop\'s crown is not made from a bunch of melted aluminum cans!

sodasmelly once again shows that he is nothing more than an ass. Jones has a nice line of products, a great following of fans and is a company moving ahead. Smelly keeps talking about them going under. He needs to take some exlax to control the diarrehea that spews from his mouth. They are a cool company. Earnings out oct 30 smellyone. Bet they make money a** w***. Check them out at www.jonessoda.com and see for yourself.

I would be interested to see if they can get 2 consecutive quarters of possitive earnings. But see, that is part of the problem, lets say they made another couple hundred thousand dollars. They would still be about $10-$15 million under their overall break even point. So, they would need that positive cash flow for about the next 4 years or so to even break even. That is were the going under talk comes from. Hey, jones sells a lot of product, around $20 million worth a year. But if they keep loosing money, the only way they can stay open is if investors keep writing checks. If not, selling $20+ million a year, but loosing $21 million can not stay in busines.

And I understand that Ron. It is my belief they will continue to turn a profit in the quarters ahead. Obviously more sales occur in spring and summer so expect those to be their strongest. If they can make a profit in the fall and winter or breakeven they are on their way. Obviously by the way their stock volume and price has shot up, they are catching investors attention. Not bad for a company which some on this thread were talking s..t about not long ago.

Yes of course if it ends up worth what it was four or five years ago (not counting the bankrupt or pissed off distributors who probably wrote off losses which don't compute in this whole thing) then whoopdeedoo, break even. How about instead of having ever invested in that company, having put the money into a CD in the bank or invested in real estate 5 years ago? Much more secure and sound investments and much more money today...
    Keep in mind that the King Of Pop\'s crown is not made from a bunch of melted aluminum cans!

smelly, you are a moron. Do you not understand that if you break even in say fall and winter and make money in spring and summer you are a profitable company. Maybe you have been snorting your beverages instead of drinking them. It just kills you to see them making it...Well hahahahaha