Bevboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Red Bull is the greatest thing to happen to the beverage world, the huge beverage world and is a one of a kind drink, or should be. You know what makes me angry? It is the fact that all these other energy drinks are practicly copying off of it! Red Rooster and Red Dragon. It makes me sick.

[ 02-04-2004, 07:02 PM: Message edited by: The Alternative Crow ]

What I find amusing, isn't the fact that people are copying Red Bull (that happens with any category leader), but it's the fact that all the imitators and so-called "new" energy drinks act as if they've somehow had an epiphany and created something original. In reality, for all their pomp and circumstance they aren't trying to go after new consumers like Red Bull did, they're riding Red Bull's coat-tails and targeting a pre-existing Red Bull consumer base; which by the way reinforces Red Bull's position as the leader because a direct attack by competitors, though perceived as "negative" is actually the best kind of endorsement there is. It legitimizes Red Bull's claim as the originator, and everyone else as an imitator.

CR

Like I have said before McDonalds sells the most hamburgers in the world........does that make it the best burger???? I believe not.... SumPoosie comes in a 12oz. glass bottle and does not look or taste anything like Red Bull. There is nothing wrong with taking a product idea and making it better. SumPoosie is one of the few energy drinks that can stand toe to toe with Red Bull anywhere anytime.... anyplace. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Sum Poosie shouldn't even be called an energy drink! It doesn't work.....no boost at all! I've tried it twice now and I have to say I got no boost either time. It taste o.k. but nothing to clog every thread on this board about.

Anyway back to what this thread is supposed to be about, it does make me laugh when I see a drink like "Bull Fighter" copy even the colors and design of the can. There's even a few out there that put statements like "None of the Bull" right on their label or on there web site like Sum Poosie LOL!

Originally posted by Energydude:
    SumPoosie is one of the few energy drinks that can stand toe to toe with Red Bull anywhere anytime.... anyplace. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    Lets see your crappy bottle go head to head with Red Bull in Walmart. What? Wal Mart won't take you on? Then I guess your bottle can not stand toe to toe with Red Bull.

There are always a store here or a shop there that sells one peticular beverage better than the others. I have stores were BAWLS outsells coke 1L and 20oz. Now would I ever say something like my product will go toe to toe with Red Bull or Coke anywere? Not if I want to keep any credibility. You can not look at a company that sells about 1,000,000 cases in the U.S. monthly and say you could match them anywere. Not a smart move. Back to the topic.
    The succesful energy drink companies are thoes that try to stand on their own. Rock Star, Monster, Hansens, AMP, I have never seen an official peice of POS that states anything about Red Bull. Everyone else that does that "No Bull" thing or tries to show how it is better than Red Bull just hasnt shown much promise because it immediatly makes them a copy cat. Me-too's are ok because that is going to happen all the time when something is successful. But a straight copy cat with an altered picture of a bull, or use of Red and/or Bull in their name with the silver and blue can is just crap.

Lets see your crappy bottle go head to head with Red Bull in Walmart. What? Wal Mart won't take you on?
    Certainly not with a name like that. (Doesn't Walmart sell censored rap CD's and stuff like that?)

SumPoosie is proudly made in the USA. Be American and buy American! Red Bull is not.
    Need I say more? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

EnergyBOY,
    PLEASE......give me a break you hypocrete!
    I am sure the car you drive has "over-seas" parts on it....and not to mention the computer you are typing on....I am sure its ALL American made! How bout the caps on your bottles? or the lables? or the ink for the lables? how about all the ingredients in your "SO CALLED" energy drink?

I am sure that all of the above mentioned IS made in the USA! "NOT" .....get a grip....

Toby1 you are really clueless. My point is SumPoosie is made bottle, contents, labor, all in the USA. My point is buy American when you can what is wrong with that? More and more jobs are going overseas. I am not saying I don't have anything foriegn I am saying buy American when you can. SumPoosie is made and bottled right here in the USA. You don't like too bad. [img]tongue.gif[/img]