Bevboard

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

I read a few post and Toby or Ron or someone said hey your just bashing RB!!! I thought about it for a minute and thought you know what.... I am and I should. RB really is a lousy product. If it were a car it would be a green station wagon pinto or AMC Gremlin! Does it sell? yes but, leg warmers and spandex did too. If it walks like a duck, looks like a duck..... Well in this case it looks like Garbage, smells like it, and lord knows it taste like it..... Garbage! The best part is people pay a premium price for this garbage! The new thing I find interesting is that companies like Coke and Pepsi have numerous packaging options so consumers can enjoy their beverages in different settings....... NOT RB they could care less... you are going to get it in this tiny little can and like it no matter what. You want more too bad open another can. You want a lot!!! Fast!!!! too bad....open the cans!!! Amazing what you can make people do.
    Dear Coke and Pepsi,

What the hell are you doing haven't you heard.... you don't need to offer your products in various containers and sizes. All you need is an 8oz. can!!! That's it!!! 2 liter bottles HAH...16 oz. PET HAH!!! 12oz. can HAH!!! Not needed!!! Bag in a box HaH !!!!! NOT NEEDED!!!!! All you need is a 8oz. teeny tiny bitch like can. That is it!!! The masses will follow. Forget choice.. Forget convenience...Forget Everything!!!! All you need is the little 8oz. can!

Sincerely,

Energydude
    President
    8ozcans rule Inc.
    www.Ilove8ozbitchlikecans.com

Just my Opinion!

Just my opinion!

Edude, when I read your continuous sales pitch loop, in an ever increasing number of different threads (it’s as entertaining as watching CNN headline news for 48 hours straight), you keep referring to taste: product X taste like a** or s***, mine taste better, etc.

Here's a quote (from memory) from a novel I read recently (Syrup by Maxx Barry):
    "Never, ever discuss taste. Taste is 90% psychological and it doesn't sell.. It’s all about the image of the beverage"

I think there is a lot of truth in this statement. You will never convince anyone that the product they normally drink tastes like s*** or a** and it is never a good argument in a sales pitch. I do think taste is important, but trashing other product to elevate your product is not a good idea.

Point made.... its not all about taste...it's about smell, look, mixability and packaging. RB fails in those four areas too! Packaging.. one little 8oz. can and that is it! Smell.. no comment needed here... Look ...it looks like a Urine sample... Mixability.... only mixes with Vodka.... What it does show me is what a bunch of followers we are. Take a very expensive poor looking and tasting product and it sells??? I guess Ford sold a lot of Pinto's!!! Thank god times change.... and they will for RB too.
    SumPoosie is a better product....Remember this..

Nothing is good or bad except by comparison!
    Compare price
    Compare look
    Compare taste
    Compare mixability
    Compare packaging
    SumPoosie wins them all! This is not an advertisement just my and many others opinion.

edude...you crack me up...
    I AM going to defend RB because you are such a two headed snake oil salesman.

Packaging - RB has 6 SKUs... SP has what? ONE!?!?

Mixibility - RB wrote the book on mixibility with energy drinks! They were the first to mix energy drinks with alcohol. And JUST Vodka? are you freakin kidding me? you say you spend so much time in the onpremise market and you make that OBSERD statement? you are either a professional BullSh*tter or you truly dont listen to others. There are literally hunderds of drinks out there with RB in them.

Taste/Smell - we will leave that to the masses. Its called a taste pallet, and everyones is as different as there DNA or Finger print. I for one like the taste and smell of RB.

Looks - you want to question the apperence of RB when your drink is PINK? I dont know any Heterosexual Male that would want to be dead in a club with a PINK drink while trying to pick up a chick!

Your feable attempts at insulting and boarder line liebel of RB are getting really old!
    Not to mention disrespecting the company that made the category you cash your payroll checks from! AMAZING.......
    How about shuting up about RB or just say THANK YOU! I am sure no one would miss your rants and senseless bantering.

Edude, I don't need to compare: I do not drink "energy" beverages. I certainly do not need the sugar.

Don't even bother pitching me your 0 cal., 0 carb., 0 taste beverage, I don't see the point of an energy drink without the sugar. If I need caffeine, i'll enjoy a coffee (0 cal.!)

By the way, when your target market purchases an energy drink, I certainly do not think they do a comparative analysis based on your criteria. Remember, it's all about the image when marketing a beverage. Read the Bevnet review for SP and I quote: "Regardless, we wouldn't be caught dead walking around with a product like this -- no matter how it tastes." Understand?

[ 04-05-2004, 06:43 PM: Message edited by: Startup Dude ]

Your in a bar and your walking around with SumPoosie in your hand and a hot girl on the bottle and every time you order a drink you get to order SumPoosie with it. Yeah your right what fun is that. Much better to be a me too and order a crappy nasty tasting little can! Yeah that's cool!

Maybe the French are on to something!!!!!!
    http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/index.php?newsid=5753

I heard about that RB banning issue in Europe a while now. Now, that's not good for image!

This reminds me of a quote from one of the best Seinfeld episode ever(Kenny Rogers Chicken, I just changed one word):

"[Kramer opens his window revealing a banner saying "BAD RB"]

Kramer: Hey, stay away from the RB, bad RB, mess you up.

Seth: That's not going to be good for business.

Jerry: That's not going to be good for anybody."