Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Who here believes that SP is an obnoxious drink that is limited on where it can be sold, and has a very short life left in the market?

Bad things about SP
    1)its pink, very limited as to who would drink a pink drink
    2)the name, again, very limited to the places it can be sold
    3)competes w/RB, no one has been able to knock off the Bull, not seeing this on either
    4)Price, for Kool Aid? a lil expensive.
    5)Glass bottles, not many busy clubs want glass on the dance floor.

Figured five was enough, didnt want to upset edude TO much.

I'd have to agree (based on the name of the product).

1. The name would keep me from ever trying the product: I assume that the product is horrible and the product owners compensate by giving it a name that they (mistakenly) think will overcome the product.

2. The color is not appealing in any way.

3. I don't visit clubs or stip clubs. The chances of me actually seeing the product in the market is slim at best.

amazing....a new guy comes aboard and is seeing things everyone elses way...LOGICAL!

Some day you will too Edude!

There's one Exxon gas station in Dallas that sold SumPoosie, and they wanted $3 a bottle for it. All the other energy drinks cost $2 or less, so there's no way that it'll compete on price. I bought a bottle to try it out, and it tasted pretty generic. It won't compete in the market with flavor, either. And I was seriously embarassed to buy a drink called Sumpoosie. Since that's the only thing the drink has going for it, it's more of a detriment to sales instead of an incentive. And Think Pink? Without the Sumpoosie name, it'll be gone quickly, lost in a market oversaturated with Red Bull wannabees. I just hope to God that Energydude's company goes down the toilet soon, so that he'll stop spamming this board and maybe some of the old timers will start coming back. Everyone's gotten tired of Edude constantly pimping his crappy me-too energy drink.

Shatter I find you post to be very interesting and quite funny at the same time. First of all SumPoosie sells very well in convenience stores and in fact like you stated some continue to raise the price all the way to 3 bucks a bottle because.....IT SELLS!!!

To say the taste is ordinary makes you sound sophmoric at best. A great tasting drink like this that is made with REAL CANE SUGAR deserves better.

You were shy about drinking a product called SumPoosie ???? Janet Jackson is showing her boobs at Superbowl halftime and your worried about a Cat named Poosie????

Think Pink is NO CARBS NO SUGAR AND NO CALORIES and it is made with Splenda and CONTAINS 75% less SALT THAN RB and it is somehow a me too beverage?

SumPoosie was just on the Jay Leno show last week and is in 27 states and 6 countries and you still want to bash?

You can step up anytime you want Shatter and start an interesting thought provoking thread....
    I will be waiting with baited breath.

I agree with you Shatter. And didnt Edude always say RB is way to expensive...but yet his drink is selling for $3. I have only known of a couple dist. who have been shown SP or who have carried it. They have since droped it, or never carried it because it cost to much to buy.
    I think that most of us are not used to some guy showing up on the board and ranting and raving with pointless sales pitches and useles data and a level of inorance that most of us have not seen in a while. Almost none of us have even seen this product in are market area, and probably will not. All the defending of RB to SP, should not even have to happen. SP is probably drink #18 in most markets. If this were Rock Star or Monster or Adrenaline Rush, even though their sales dont compare to RB, they are the closest. Others have suggested this before, but I will now follow through. I will no longer reply to any of Edude posts. They are nothing more than a waste of time, and no one has ever gotten through to him.

SumPoosie too expensive??? It cost me 24.00 dollars a case! How much does RB cost their distributors???? 26 isn't it? RB 8oz. tin can.....SumPoosie 12oz. Glass Bottle!

Tell me how is SumPoosie more Expensive???

Now to be fair...the price of Sum Poosie makes perfect sense to me...after all we are talking about samples of fine art. I expect a case of them will be up on the auction block at Christys any day now

Hey Johnny McDonalds called your late for work!

SP cost less and yes the bottle is very collectable.... if you like women!

McDonalds? Why sir, you insult me! How could you be so crass as to accuse me of working for such a low quality culinary establishment as McDonalds?

I'll have you know I have been Night Manager at Burger King for ten years now!!

[ 05-27-2004, 10:43 AM: Message edited by: johnnyrockets ]