Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

In yet another slap in the face to it's distributors after selling direct to Starbucks, Panera, Cost plus, Jones furthers its separation from the distribution network that was the work horse of the brand and now going directly to target in an exclusive 2 year deal to all target stores starting in spring of 2005.

They don't need no stinking distributors!

We are Jones soda!

What are you whining about bigbottom, they are running a business. Some of their biz is with distributors, some is not. They must choose their distributors carefully as after the distributor bankruptcys in 2000 it almost put them under. Jones is a great product and there is plenty of money to be made by distributors who choose to distribute their product. So put your hanky away...good grief...

That was my point on another thread. Sometimes it appears some product are better off when they get to a certain point just going direct. I think RB will do the same down the road. Sell to Target, Walmart, Krogers, and Costco direct and make the extra 5 or 6 bucks per case.

Sometimes it does make sense.

Well Edude, Target and Walmart do not sell RB cheaper because us (the reps.) sell to the stores.
    Ichi, yes, Jones is trying to run their busines, but it will make it increasingly harder to open up the big distributors when they find out that they are unable to service much of their chain stores in their market. If they are only selling their big can, its not to bad, but hopefuly it is not the soda. Only reason I say that is I used to sell Jones Sodas to target. And yes it sold VERY WELL, but with all thoes flavors, it needs someone to merch. the product. Being direct, yes some employees will fill the shelf, but will not get near the care that a distributor would give. But good for Jones, its just unfortunate that they cant seem to get the grip on their distributors the way the need to. And yes, the 2000 did hurt them with loosing distributors, but Jones had a big hand in allowing them to get to big with just their product and did not pay close enough attention to it. Even though Jones should not be in their office every day looking over financials, they should be able to get a good idea with what is going on.
    And Edude, from being a small distributor, I cant believe how sold you are on going direct. Leave that for OJ and Caprie Sun and water. Other than that, trust the distribution network, thats why we all are here.

Sometimes products like RB outgrow distributors.
    RB really doesn't need them anymore.

uh, obviously you have not heard any of my points, so sure Edude, they will leave their distributors. For some reason coke or AB or, well any major company doesnt do this, but you are right. How could I be so wrong.

For RB to go direct would be suicide! Why? Who will service all the bars the night clubs etc.. That cannot take it direct? The contracts that were written for RB are very tight and RB has spent a significant amount of money in infrastructure to deliver it so it is almost as if they were going direct in some ways all with the ability of having there one on one distributors service the business. Jones has now opened Pandora's box. Coke and Pepsi will begin to circle the wagons set them ablaze and Jones will eventually run out of bullets and surrender to Big Blue and Big Red. They have just taken themselves out of the premium game with one fell swoop of a pen. Congratulations Peter it is the end of the beginning.

Cheers

happen to disagree bb..but thats ok...many said jones would be out of biz 2 yrs ago..if pepsi or coke wants them,then they need to cut a bigass check. Thats what happens if you get a big enough piece of the pie. Ask Snapple, ask sobe,ask Gatorade. Jones is Rocking, wake up...

Jones rocked out of the southeast and nobody caried. Jones is a joke waiting to die.

Get real guys.

The big picture counts, Jones is not in it.

turdferguson Guest

ok there willbev......whatever you say....