Bevboard

i live in new jersey and i want to start shiping coke and pepsi in from a cheaper area like philly
    or ohio for sale to my customers i am just wondering
    if coke and pepsi can do anything to me for bringing
    products from an other area for sale in new york and new jersey

The problem the bottlers are the one's who will have action taken against them. The fines are fairly substantial for transhipping.

You will probably not find a bottler who will be willing to sell to you

This is true. The bottlers won't sell to you unless you have an established account. and they won't sell out of their territory.

You'd be best off just buying at grocery stores and/or warehouse clubs. That's what I see a lot of small store owners doing.

If you have any asset pieces (bottler owned coolers, vendors, and/or fountains), be prepared to lose them. You have to buy a certain number of cases a year (which varies, depending on the model of the machine and the bottler) to use them rent-free.

[ 08-17-2004, 09:37 PM: Message edited by: fusion ]

Rather than pissing off the various Coke/Pepsi folks in your area by burning gas to go to another town and buy, or becoming a stooge who goes to the chain clubs and pays retail for the product just like your grandmother can (cheaper than the truck charges a store) and then resell for a profit and look like a ripoff.... why not just kick out the Coke and Pepsi products, coolers, reps, etc and buy some fun exotic drinks that will actually attract people to your store who cannot just go to Costco and buy it by the case for what you pay or less...
    Keep in mind that the King Of Pop\'s crown is not made from a bunch of melted aluminum cans!