Bevboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Some of these so called energy drinks in 16 and 24 oz. cans are more than they seem to be. With 2 or 3 servings per can and customers drinking the entire can at one sitting many do not realize the sugar and sodium they are ingesting.

Some of these drinks contain close to 100mgs of sugar and the sodium levels are very high too.

You may think you are getting more for your money.... but you just might be getting too much!

Read the labels carefully!

Come on E-Dude,

You know we live in the land of SUPER SIZE! Make mine a "Super-Deluxe-Grande-Mucho-Whopper-Biggie with a large Diet Coke".
    banned

turdferguson Guest

who would ever buy a 24oz energy drink, ala bookoo???? i mean come on already......stupid!!

What other point of difference do they have? None so the easy thing to do is put it in a lager can and call it a super size value. I tend to agree with you who the hell can drink this much without it being resealable?

I agree on the resealable part. That is a lot of liquid to just drink without taking some breaks. On the other end, most people who say 16 and 24 oz is too much, usually have 2-3 cans of an 8 oz in their hands.

A guy I work with drinks two of those big green cans of Monster in a 4 hour time period, pretty much every work night.

You know, I think these energy drinks are becoming status symbols. The 24oz cans are comparable to the "Big Gulp". Now, who that has a discerning palate is known to frequently drink a "Big Gulp"? I think the appeal of the 24oz is to go after the "recovery crowd" who wants to just overdose on caffeine and other stimulants and do so cheaper. I noticed the same thing about the multiple servings in a can, for a carbonated energy drink. That's just there to fool people who read the nutrition facts in order that they don't realize how much sugar, sodium, calories, 'carbs' or whatever... they are really consuming. It started with the "2 servings in a Snapple Bottle" routine and goes from there. But the fact a can isn't resealable just spells it out for those who would 'argue' that people drink a half a Snapple at lunch and the other half at 5pm.

Anyway all the good energy drinks come in glass bottles... we all know that!!!
    Keep in mind that the King Of Pop\'s crown is not made from a bunch of melted aluminum cans!

The only good energy drinks out there that I have consumed and would seriously think about purchasing again if, after consuming about two Monsters per day plus Jolt gum started to cause my eyes to go bloodshot and cause some gastric problems hadn't scared me away from all things "energy drink", are Monster and Red Bull which are, by the way, in cans.
    Give Me My PiBB!<br />--<br /> - Clarke

Take it from me. The best energy drinks out there are Sobe and Poweraid.
    They call me MELLO YELLO!

Sobe is more of a sugar rush, there really is not much herbs in there at all. A bottling plant out here in American Canyon said they basicaly sprinkle the herbs over the whole mixture.