Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I was in a Walgreen's in South Beach this weekend and saw RB for 2.59 and thought to myself wow...

2.59 for a can of that stuff......who is going to pay that kind of price for this stuff?

What next RB for 2.99.... crazy.

Someone once said, “you will never go broke under estimating the intelligence of the American public” …. Need I say more?

Nope... I am still in shock.

I hear that Rockstar is fix'in (Texas term) to launch a 24oz can (hello BooKoo) with a funky re-sealable lid that will retail for $2.99.
    banned

Just what I want..... a long term relationship with an energy drink.

Originally posted by Energydude:
    Just what I want..... a long term relationship with an energy drink.
    Is that why you are no longer selling Sum Poosie, you just weren't happy with that long term relationship or did they get rid of you? Either way at least you don't have a long term relationship with a so-called energy drink anymore!

Still selling SumPoosie and doing very well thank you!!!

Chains set their own pricing. Walgreens out here is still at $1.99. But I have gas stations that charge $2.60 a can, and sell very well. One of thoes things, it expensive to you, but it its an item you need then who cares. People here in the Bay Area pay $2.69 a gal for 87 octain gas and then go inside and pay $2+ for a Red Bull. In the same, doest a bottle of SP cost about $2.50 a bottle?

Eh, I can't blame them. There's a demand, and they supply it when its inconvient for others. ie: 24 hr gas stations.

If they consumer was truly smart, they'd stock up elsewhere. Its easily found for $1.99 or less in bulk.

From a seller's perspective, its understandable. But as a consumer, when I see a RB retail like that it makes me laugh.

yeah, sumpoosie in michigan at the one store i saw it at was 2.79. haven't been in there recently, but 2.79 was too much to throw down on one measely bottle of stuff, regarldess of what it was.
    woot woot