Bevboard

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Base Pay:

Route Sales persons will be paid a weekly salary of $300.00

Commissions:

Commission shall be paid as follows:

3% on the first 200 hundred cases sold in a week.
    4% on the second 200 hundred cases sold in a week.
    5% on all cases sold over 400 hundred cases in a week.

Example one

52 weeks @ $300.00 = $15,600.00

500 cases a week break down

200 cases @ .96 = $192.00
    200 cases @ 1.28 = $256.00
    100 cases @ 1.60 = $160.00

Total $608.00

52 weeks @ $608.00 = $31,616.00

Potential annual salary $47,216.00

Wow! you mean to tell me people are selling 2000 cases a week and only making 47k ???????

That is 64k in sales a month or about 750k a year!!! They should be making 75k at the bare bones!!! What a shame.....

E dude, where did you get this information?

I have a friend that works for RB in their marketing Dept. I could not believe how little the sales people make for selling so much product. So he showed me the breakdown.

Edude, I am sure each place pays different. I do make 47K out here in CA, which is higher than just about any non-manager beverage route job. Although, you numbers are not at all how we are paid. Hey, I would love to be paid more for this job. But anyone who has ran a beverage house knows the over head that is involved. RB is not a cheap product, and most houses sell around 15-20K a month. If all accounts were COD, that would not be a problem, but about 60% of your accounts are not COD, and the top stores are usually chains. You have to have a huge pocket of cash to cover all your RB bills, pay for maitnence of all your vans and your huge wearhosue to hold it all. RB is very profitable, and that is why we are paid highly for our job. But look at Coke and Bud, they sell way more product than us, and they make less.
    With all that said, I know the owner of my company is not hurting for money, and I would not turn down a pay raise. But from knowing how a beverage house can just suck the money out from you at a much higher rate than it comes in, I understand the structure.

You got one thing right Ron... RB is not cheap infact it is the most expensive energy drink I have ever seen.

Why Ron?? Why do you encourage him??? Why
    Inventor of the \"one cheek sneak\"

So by route salesman, we're talking about the guys who drive around the Red Bull vans, sell in Red Bull and merchandise it. And they can make a potential of around $47,000 a year. In states like Ohio I think they have about 30-40 plus vans reps each averaging that amount? I don't think that's bad for a route sales job selling only one brand. You could do considerably worse.

CR

E-Dude,

Another question: how would someone in Red Bull's "marketing dept" know what a distributor pays its employees?

And what distributor are you referencing? As I understand it, Red bull has over 150 different distributors in the US alone each with a different operation style and pay scale.

CR

[ 12-15-2004, 06:28 PM: Message edited by: Coco Rico ]

These guys are selling nearly a million dollars a year of product and you think 47k before taxes is good??? You have got to be kidding.

Selling 2,000 cases a month and making 47k is a crime in my book, like I said it amounts to slave labor.

you arent selling ****, you are mostly dropping it off since red bull sells itself.

being a energy drink dropper offer for 47K is good money.