Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Did you ever notice?

1. Some soda pop tastes much better with food.

2. Some soda pop (12oz can/20oz bottle) can produce more than one loud burp.

3. Just what are "natural flavors"?

What have you noticed? LOL

I have noticed McDonalds Coke consistently tastes the best than any other fast food Coke I drink. I used to think it might have been the fatter straws. I think it is just smoother.

That's interesting.
    I feel the same way about the Cokes at Wendy's.
    They always taste perfect and the ice is always cystal clear. LOL It reminds me of the Cokes I used to get at the Chicago Cubs game as a kid. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Zabe

Sometimes it's the water going through the systems. Also, it could be the quality of they systems themselves. BIB is produced equally. It has to be outside influences that make them taste differently. Kind of like draft beer. What do you all think?

Harpers Ferry, West Virginia/ Frederick, Maryland

The soda fountain machines can have the water content and carbonation level turned up to reduce the amount of syrup used- that effects flavor. The local water type can also effect flavor.

I can almost promise you that McDonalds(and maybe others) uses more syrup in their Coke fountains.

SEV

i think they use less. i feel it's more watered down than anywhere else, but it gives it a smoother feel which i find refreshing, in a different way. i've never had a very full flavored mcdonalds beverage, and i've been to a ton of mcdonalds.
    woot woot

Gee, here in Chicago Land where each McDonald's has my picture and biography as one of their best customers; I can't remember ever having a watered down soft drink. In my experience McDonald's next to Wendy's is the gold standard for fast food soda drinks.

I'll even go to McDonald's just for a large Coke easy ice and not get any food. Like it has been said, their soft drinks are so satisfying.

[ 07-27-2005, 07:07 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Run: yes it's smoother, because it has less carbonated water, so there's less fizz. You don't agree that it's sweeter?

But I agree in that it taste better, anyway.

SEV

Like BottleBoss said, I think it is because they can change the amount of carbonation, as well as the ratio of carbonated water to syrup.

I understand sodas used to be more carbonated, but concerns about bottles shattering (very unsafe) forced a reduction of the amount of carbonation. Not that would be a problem with fast food in open containers.
    Life is too short to drink crummy sodas...