Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Coca-Cola Black Cherry Vanilla was recently released in select areas and is the "replacement" for the now-discontinued Vanilla Coke. Coca-Cola said that this new drink creates an "innovative fusion of real cola, luscious black cherry, and smooth vanilla flavors [which] creates a taste that is complex and delicious." Unfortunately, that couldn't be farther from the truth. After my best friend and I sampled this product, we were extremely disappointed with it. Now, other BevNet users are starting to express that same disappointment. Basically, the flavor is very bland and hard to detect, unlike Vanilla Coke where the vanilla flavor could be tasted easily. In my opinion, it tastes too similar to Coca-Cola Cherry, which wasn't discontinued like Vanilla Coke. Coca-Cola said that Vanilla Coke may be brought back in the future and after tasting this product, it is easy to understand why they made that statement!

If any of you have opinions about this drink (positive or negative), express them here!

i disagree, the product definatley has a black cherry and vanilla flavor to it, and its very noticeable..

but its also very similar to pibb and dr.pepper, which are based on the dark/black cherry cola ideas with other flavors added...

i think its a redundant flavor, but still tasty..

What I'm saying is that it doesn't have enough of a vanilla flavor to it to make it a worthy replacement for Vanilla Coke. The black cherry flavor is easier to detect, but they already have Coca-Cola Cherry...so what's the point?

I think the flavors are very detectable and the overall drink is good!

I don't know about the regular version, but the diet version I had had a lot of vanilla taste to it, so much so that it was the most noticable flavor in it.

That's why I didn't really like it. I was expecting more of a taste like DCV Dr. Pepper, but instead it just tasted like Vanilla Coke. I didn't taste the cherry in it at all.

I thought Coca-Cola Black Cherry Vanilla was good.

I was pleasantly surprised with this product, and I'm not a big Coke fan. The Black Cherry is distinct from regular cherry, which surprised me, and the Vanilla undertones were noticeable as well. I like this better than Vanilla coke, which tasted, in my opinion, far too artificial on its own. This isn't something I'd repeatedly purchase, as I prefer citrus beverages, but it was good for a cola.

What I like about BCVC is that the black cherry flavor reminds me of State of Washington Bing Cherries. I love eating these Cherries when they are in season.

IMO....I have never tasted a drink that approximates the taste of Bing Cherries (aka black cherries). Couple the Bing Cherry taste with the vanilla coke and this dog is very happy.

[ 02-03-2006, 09:34 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

>IMO....I have never tasted a drink that approximates the taste of Bing Cherries (aka black cherries).

Try Hank's Wishniak Black Cherry soda. It's the best I've found. Amazing to have fresh black cherry flavor in a bottle (given that one can't keep the cherries for very long). See the Bevnet review.

-Doug

Thanks for the heads up. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Does anyone know where in the Chicago area where I can get Hank's Wishniak Black Cherry Soda? I'll probably send Hank's an email and ask as well.

[ 02-04-2006, 06:20 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]