Bevboard

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Hi,
    I just found this forum because I wanted to get something off my chest.
    A couple days ago I bought a 24 pack of Diet Mountain Dew (Yes, I am addicted). I chilled the pack and cracked open the first can, what a suprise, it tasted like someone added a disinfectant to the mix. I promptly poured it down the drain. Then I opened another, tasted the same....really bad!
    While quickly scanning the can for some reason for the odd taste I discover the words emblazened on the side of the can, "Tuned up taste". WHAT! NO! They didn't screw with my Dew! I quickly ran to a local gas station to check for old stock and found my fix. Drove home and popped open a warm one, ahhhhhhh, there it was, the old taste was back.
    I called the number on the can today and a very curtious lady listened to my complaint, she had no hesitation in her voice at all as she told me the sweetener formula had been changed to include Splenda and she would be more than happy to send me a coupon for a new case.

Has anyone else encountered this?

I am in Northwest Indiana and I am sure the new stuff will be spreading quickly.

So sorry for a first post being a long rant but I am hooked on the stuff and don't want to see this happen to a good product.

Well because the taste was always complained about Diet Dew got reformulated. It also didn't help that Vault and Vault Zero just came out to compete against it. Stock up as much as you can because they're not going to go back to the old formula. Either that or try some Diet Mello Yello, if its even there, or some Vault Zero and see if you like it or not. Or else, get use to the new taste.
    Feed the rush!

It's amazing how diet soda fans literally get hooked on aspertame. While the general soda fanbase and beverage industry believe it's a good idea to move to artificial sweeteners that have less of an aftertaste and are less bitter, hardcore fans hold on to it for dear life.

This is why sodas like Coke Zero and Pepsi One do ok, but they will never wean their hardcore users off of Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi unless they disappear, because they're hooked on the bitter taste, I guess.

So, sorry about your Diet Dew being gone, but it is. Many people will see this change as good, but the Diet Dew purists are going to be very unhappy.

SEV

[ 02-27-2006, 10:09 PM: Message edited by: SnappleElementsVenom ]

It was inevitable that someone wouldn't like the new formula. Me, I welcome the new formula with open arms, as I think the old Diet Dew was perhaps the worst diet soda made by the "Big Three" companies. The new one tastes a lot closer to regular Dew, IMHO. But I guess I can feel for people losing a product they love.

BTW, aspartame is still the primary sweetener in the new Diet Dew.

The new Diet Mountain Dew by definition will be better, it has to be or else.LOL

i just tried teh new diet dew.. it tastes much more like regular dew now... old diet dew was pretty horrible.

Outstanding!!!!!
    I hope they have it in single bottles so I can taste it. (Maybe I can find a 2ltr?)

Originally posted by mikibacsi1124:

BTW, aspartame is still the primary sweetener in the new Diet Dew.
    Touché, Miki. But acesulfame potassium hides aspertame's aftertaste like in Coke Zero, so it's essentially not there.

Apparently instead it tastes like "disinfectant". But in my opinion, disinfectant is better than the old Diet Dew.

SEV

Originally posted by Jimmy O'Sullivan:
    i just tried teh new diet dew.. it tastes much more like regular dew now... old diet dew was pretty horrible.
    That is how the "reformulation" was presented to us. I hope it does taste more like regular as I'll start drinking it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

yah it definatley "resembles" mountain dew.. where as diet dew didnt actually resemble mountain dew at all.. people may have liked it, but it was mountain dew in name only...

the new one at least is attempting to taste like mountain dew.