Bevboard

Since the web is now a major venue for advertising, I don't get why companies don't bother to update their websites.

Example: nestea.com - still touts the plastic rocket bottle as the "new package" - when in fact it is going to be phased out.

nesteacool.com also still exists.. and this product isn't produced anymore.

any others?

Wasn't there some sort of grocery store website we found that had all sorts of oudated stuff on it? Like Grape Medly Minute Maid, Surge, and old design Diet Coke and Coke products in 3x4. I can't find the link.
    Anita

That would be the Piggly Wiggly Club.

www.pwclub.com

the odd thing about pwclub.com is that they have new products, like vault and berries and cream dr pepper, but also have very old things too...

Here's about the complete opposite...

Coke's new Godiva Belgian Blends have their website address on the side, but the site doesn't even exist (though Coke has registered it).

www.belgianblends.com

Default updates on websites.

Annoying experience, how about the websites that have been hacked for days and leave a defaced message instead of redirecting it to a backup temp website, makes you wonder where the IT support is. I am amazed how many beverage drink companies rely on third parties for their website management. If you slow to respond to an error or a change on your website it could reflect negatively on your brand.

hmm I just checked the damn website, it is 7.53am 17/04/2007 and wait for it!

HACKED

Here is a video I made of the incident.

Quote Originally Posted by fusion View Post
    Here's about the complete opposite...

Coke's new Godiva Belgian Blends have their website address on the side, but the site doesn't even exist (though Coke has registered it).

GODIVA™ Belgian Blends™
    Well I decided to click all the links to websites here and this coke one works for belgian blends... its not pretty but it has a picture of the flavors and a few links to each one... it doesn't really offer much more than a picture and you can click for nutritional info...

I've got a feeling this website like many many MANY others is designed for just the latest and greatest web browser with multimedia functions... so they leave out a good portion of those with outdated web browsers or who don't have certian things set to run or installed period... thats a poor mistake on their part...

They need to dumb down the websites because often I won't see what they want me to see because I've disabled certain programs in the browser that make it easier to hack and do malicious things to... so these companies are just being pitched by a web designer hey I'll make something flashy and great who can show them a presentation on a laptop... and then pickup his check and never tell them by the way lots of people won't be able to see it.

HA... I just realized he posted the message I just replied to like a year ago... good thing I read it hey.. lol
    Last edited by DrPepperYummy; 04-17-2007 at 02:31 PM.

Default Browsers

I recommend Firefox as a web browser, secure and fast with a good choice of free extensions. Another good browser is Opera. As for viewing websites at a later date, I use this little tool HTTrack Website Copier - Offline Browser.

I was checking out a Pepsi bottlers site and they still listed Pepsi Blue and one other long gone Pepsi product.
    ."Have a f***ing beer!" Pete Townshend 12-12-12

The site is Allen Beverages, Inc.. And yes it IS OUTDATED, don't get excited THEY DO NOT have Pepsi Blue and Mr Green.
    ."Have a f***ing beer!" Pete Townshend 12-12-12