Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is an old topic that most of you know about.
    Warning I am venting.LOL

There is a radical "liberal" group(at the U of I) that is trying to smear Coca Cola with half truths and lies. This crap just gets my blood boiling. It's not Coca Cola that this radical group wants to smear, it's that they want to feel empowered with themselves and their group. These poor insecure people can't find a just cause,no they have to attack a decent soda pop company that employees an abundance of people.

Question....If Coca Cola was such a nasty company killing workers and destroying the environment, don't you think the media would be all over it?

Venting over. LOL

[ 10-26-2006, 06:11 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

It has been my experience that in the world of Academia it doesn't matter what the facts are, what matters is what you think.
    I remember seeing groups on campus that touted their agenda when there was clearly irrefutable evidence against there claims.
    Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!

The problem is that they think they are doing "Good". I believe I heard this on Hannity: If you are less than thirty and you are a Republican: you have no heart... If you are over thirty and a Democrat: you have no brain.

These allegations have been around for a long time, and have been proven false.

They are the future of our fair country!

[ 10-26-2006, 02:04 PM: Message edited by: golee1 ]

Half the time when these goofball groups talk about companies exploiting (or even enslaving) workers in other countries, they are just plain wrong. Half the time they also manage to help more established, richer companies (those that can afford to have a better PR campaign), who laugh all the way to the bank.

And nearly 100% of the time, they neglect the fact that workers in these countries voluntarily choose these jobs, which means that they feel that these jobs benefit them over the alternatives, which means that the "big bad" companies are helping these workers. And they want to screw that up.

You people obviously don't understand what many parts of the world are like.

Sure, they chose to work there.

But consider the following. If you had to choose between cutting your foot off and starving to death, I think you'd go reaching for a hacksaw..

Originally posted by SpaceGuy:
    The problem is that they think they are doing "Good". I believe I heard this on Hannity: If you are less than thirty and you are a Republican: you have no heart... If you are over thirty and a Democrat: you have no brain.

I'd take the majority of what Sean Hannity says with a very large grain of salt.

LOL
    Sean does have a sence of humor.LOL
    I rather enjoy Hannity and Combs. They
    cancel each other out most of the time. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

What is this SAWIII? You can either work for Coke, or cut off your foot.

Hannity and O'Reily are entertainment show's neither one of these guys offer much. They are in the same group as Rush...slight entertainment.