Bevboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Da bull

With so many anti-Red bull posts, the question is what would take to un-seat Red Bull as the energy drink sales leader.
    Better taste alone does not appear to be the answer as there are now many better tasting energy drinks on the market.
    marshall thompson

That's easy - someone else would have had to be first.
    If there\'s anything more important than my ego running around I want it caught and shot now.

<fadhartju> Guest

I think it tastes good.

<anXredbullRep> Guest

Hey Puck you are an Pompus Idiot! It has nothing to do with being first!

To answer this persons question is simple, hit RED BULL where it hurts and means the most, but in a legal competetive business form.
    ON PREMISE MARKET. Give the comsumer a less expensive alternative with name or brand recognition in major markets.
    Any one who knows RED BULL knows that ON PREMISE drives their business. Thats why when they launch the product in a new market they target the "A" CLUBS where the "A" (influintial) people frequent and stay in only those accounts for many months building up the "want, cant have" buzz then slowly build the distribution in that market.
    There are companys out there that attempt this very practice they just need to stick with it, hell Rome wasnt built in a day, but RED BULL N.A. was built in 6 years!

No,Puck is right. Any and every drink company can try to blitz the on-premis, but it won't work. And besides, Puck can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe on Premis is only about 20-30% of Red Bulls busines. Red Bull not only came first, but they came corect. Its a proven functional beverage, that may not taste great, but it works. Their comercials, although anoying as all hell to me, does not single anyone out and applies to everybody. They are plastered everywere, and at almost all events. The only way to take over the #1 spot in the energy drink catagory, is to buy Red Bull and change its name, or hope they just shut doors one day. Im will a lot of people. I don't like Red Bull, I don't like its taste or price, I do love the Red Bull girls, but hate everything else about the company. But you can't deney a company that went out and did it all on their own. Bars will keep them in, stores will keep it in, and there is really no way to over take their market share, period.

<anXredbullRep> Guest

Hey RON you must have been drunk when you wrote this because of all the misspellings and lack of sense you made in writting this!

You missed my point!! so go back and read my post and lets try and respond with something that even resembles a rebuttle!

First off, go back and read any of my other posts, you will find that spelling is not a gift that I have. Also, I was not just responding to you, but also to Marshal that asked what it would take to topple Red Bull. I still stick by what I say, it just can't be done. Even with big brand names like AMP (Mt. Dew) and adrenaline Rush (Sobe), they can't put much of a dent in Red Bull. Your focus of on-premis can help somewhat, but not a ton. On premis does not drive Red Bull anyway. Its a big factor, but does not drive them. Its the same thing as if someone tried to take Budweiser out of the #1 seat. Not only is there such a wide gap between Bud and the #2 drink, and not only will there be the bars that won't serve Bud cause they want the other drinks. The best people can do is hope to widen the market and pull in more customers with their brand.

Ron...... while RB may be largely number 1 now those numbers will diminish once people find out energy does not have to taste like crap. We consistently beat RB with SumPoosie when they go head to head. In fact the cigar shop on Lincoln Rd. in South Beach does 3 to 1 SumPoosie over RB. It is just a matter of time before RB loses some market share. 66 to 70% market share is not obtainable in the future. RB was very cool in the 1990's people are now looking for the next cool thing. I think SumPoosie is it! I have history on my side..... when was the last time SumPoosie went out of style??? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Hey Energydude, make me a believer. I hope you all realize my point. I dont like Red Bull, and I can't wait untill they are gone from the market, or even a noticable second will make me happy. I am just in awe of how much total domination they have. Ill check out that cigar shop next time I go back to my office which is on Lincon in Miami Beach. But plain and simle, they dominate in total cases, and I just don't see anything out there that will kick Red Bull off its high horse, but please keep trying.

<anXredbullRep> Guest

Ron,
    First off, ON PREMISE "DOES" drive Red Bulls market! Trust me when I tell you that! If we looked at your resume I do NOT believe that Red Bull would be on it.
    Here is just one of many facts that back up what I am tell you, RED BULL employes more ON PREMISE Mgrs in a region than OFF PREMISE Mgrs.
    Try on average 12+ to 1! Do you think that is a move to protect the segment? I think ...scratch that...KNOW so!!
    As far as Coke, Pepsi, and Bud GIANTS not toppling RED BULL, well lets say that I have heard it from the horses mouth that those three do not want to take the market from Red Bull for many reasons .... here are a few that I believe YOU might understand.
    1)Their focus is on their main stream products i.e. soda and beer, obviously.
    2)Let RB spend the time money and (no pun) energy on driving the catagory, and they will just ride the coat tails and rake in the $$$$!!!

So come on RON if the three giants I mentioned wanted to drop an a$$ load of dollars on pushing their skus and put RB under they could....but again going back too my #2 point.....
    WHY?