Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KMX Gone?

I noticed in many stores that KMX has been out of stock for some time and in most stores the 2 new Powerade energy drinks in those little can bottles are stocked in their place.

Has Coke given up on KMX?

Is it still in you area?

I do know that the Coke warehouse here had a couple pallets of the blue KMX go out of date just sitting in the warehouse.

The last market share I saw was around 5% for KMX which wasn't much at the time compared to Pepsi's 10% for AMP and around 60% for Red Bull. It's still amazing to me that RB out sells everyone else combined.

What I want to know is why does Coke now also come in an 8.02 oz can? I don't think there is anything added to it, I think it is just normal coke. Anyone now why they are doing this? Do they have so much back stock of empty KMX cans that they need to fill them?

What are these new Powerade energy drinks? Any links or pics?
    <b>Hey Pepsi, Shasta called, they want their lemon-lime back.</b>

We just had a KMX open bar here in NY. It's not that bad not that good. The reps were very nice, but not enough direction in their party.

The Powerade you are referring to is "Raize" and "Psych." I saw them a few weeks ago in Central Coke territory, about to go out of date. They looked cool, but I didn't feel like paying $1.99 for them.

Coke would be foolish to stop selling KMX, there is a ton of profit in that stuff. Riding on RB's coattails will make the company a ton of $$. They really need to promote the brand, though. They do well in Coke exclusive accounts, but are weak in others.

I bought a bottle of Psych a few months ago - I didn't care for it. It made the inside of my mouth burn.... That can't be a good thing.....

<kmx convert> Guest

KMX is an incredible drink because it is basic and delicious. All these other drinks are triying to be so many different things and taste good. KMX has succeeded at that. Taste the difference.

<Manay5577@hotmail.com> Guest

I can't say so much for powerade drinks, bur redbull has been going strong for years. I think in the beginning of this new product it had a strong commercial effect and people started liking it's quite tart taste and the belief that it would stimulate the mind and speed up the metabulism. Alot of people, exspecially women, highstrung business people, and athletes like the idea of something possibly benefiting there bodies, stamina at work, and faster abilities for athletes. I know that redbull now has sugerfree drinks which only have 10 caleries per drink compared to about 130 in regular drinks. In california the sugerfree drinks are a growing market. There is also an energy drink called rockstar that has been on the market for quite some time but is now coming out of the closet. Some people seem to enjoy thye taste of it more than redbull. They too recently came out with a sugerfree version.

I have been to a couple of KMX parties here in New York and I love it! I think it is a much better mixer than the Bull. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Surge,
    I haven't been able to find any links or pic's of the new Powerade drinks but as Fusion and Shatter put it, it looks as though they have been out for a while but just getting here.

They are in a pretty cool looking can/bottle and are 12oz instead of the normal 8.3oz cans.

If they make your mouth burn like Shatter said it sounds like they might be just putting the blue KMX in because when the coke guy gave me one to try that's what it did to my mouth and then to my throat all the way down to my gut. That was the worst feeling I've ever had in my life from a drink. I can't imagine mixing KMX with vodka or any other alcohol, it seems it would taste like drain-o and probly have the same effect.