Bevboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

And some would say this product shouldn't offend anyone!

LMAO!!!!

Here's a link to the story so you won't think I'm making this up........
    web page
    Drink Name Controversy
    9/23/2003

By Kevin Wuzzardo/WCJB TV 20 News
    Is it free speech or disturbing the peace? That's the question promoters of a new energy drink are asking after being arrested for simply saying the product's name this weekend.

"(Seth Garrett) says in a megaphone, 'Come get Sum Poosie, the nation's hottest new energy drink,'" Sum Poosie's Gainesville sales rep Jarret Rosenberg says. "And the next minute you know, they guy comes up and arrests him."

But Gainesville Police say Garrett wasn't saying the name of the drink. Instead, he used only the second part. And that, police say, is what got him arrested for disorderly conduct.

"When you're dropping out some letters on the drink, and you're doing things that by state statute could be against public morals, we gave a notice to appear," says Sgt. Keith Kameg.

Rosenberg says he and several other people were promoting the drink across from the UF campus Saturday.

"Nobody complained," he says. "Everybody was laughing."

But not everyone thought it was funny. A mother with her 10-year-old daughter asked police to do something about the graphic language.

"You have to look at what the families were looking at, and actually how it was said," says Kameg. "And you weren't talking about the brand name at this point, because the brand name and what was said were two very, very different things."

But beverage promoters still think police overreacted.

"Who gets arrested for selling an energy drink?" says Rosenberg.

Rosenberg says Garrett has to go to court in a couple of weeks on the charge. Kameg says this minor charge very well could come down to a major issue of First Amendment free speech.

Harpers Ferry, West Virginia/ Frederick, Maryland

I say they had it coming to them. I wouldn't want kids hearing that stuff either. I don't feel bad for them at all. It's kind of funny! HA! HA! HA!

<RB1> Guest

Oh yea.......but they will be the hottest thing and take over the catagory. What a crock. Maybe these fools will find something better to sell now since they haved received their warm welcome into the mainstream market that they thought they would so easily take over. Fools

I know a couple of guys who were dumb enough to get financially involved with this product and they are hitting themselves in the head right now.

If you are going to have a product with a name like this then at least have the brains to advertise it as tastefully as possible (if that even IS possible with this junk)

But to hire a bunch of punks who just want to go around and be able to yell "Get some poosie" through a f**kin megaphone"

I say to all you guys who are either working for or investing in SUM POOSIE - grow the f**k up already - it's time to stop acting like a bunch of 15 year olds who havn't gotten laid yet and are foaming at the mouth cause they just saw their first set of t**s.

[ 10-08-2003, 05:54 PM: Message edited by: johnnyrockets ]

this is TOO funny!! look what you come up with when doing a simple search for SUM POOSIE - this stuff is priceless!!!

These guys must feel like the biggest fools in the beverage industry right about now!!

IDLE CHATTER ABOUT SUM POOSIE

That is to funny. Yeah, I am against the person who is always out looking for trouble. The mom who thinks the world needs to change in order to protect her children from all the wrong doings and all the words out there. But, if this guy is screaming into a crowd "Come and get your *****", then yeah, that is just wrong. I love how one min. this company is telling everyone, no, its just a play on words, we have nothing to do with that. Then next min. they are yelling to get your *****. That is just to funny and shows this company is full of crap. I still have yet to see it anywere.

You guys need to grow up! Pimpjuice, energy 69, sex Kola.... give me a break SumPoosie is somehow over the top? I can walk into any bar and order sex on the beach, a buttery nipple, and I can even order a blow job..... and some how SumPoosie is too much.... The cop that made the arrest later said he was sorry and that is on tape. The day someone can't say Poosie without fear of arrest is the day I leave America. Free speech is free speech, the officer was wrong and admitted it. SumPoosie continues to grow face the facts. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Hey Ron get a job and shut up!

Hey congratulations to Sum Poosie for coming up with a really cool bottle cap! Just added that to my collection... [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Keep in mind that the King Of Pop\'s crown is not made from a bunch of melted aluminum cans!

What, get a job? Got one already. Difference here is that people are not out on the streets with a bullhorn shouting out for blowjobs or purple nipples or anything like that. Hey, in a bar or a strip club, no problem. But when your company wants to defend itself by saying "No way, we are not advertising ourselves as *****, we advertise our cat "poosie"'. Then you have someone representing you saying get your ***** right there. It doesnt work both ways. Listen, I don't really care about your drink in terms of a threat. I don't sell an energy drink, and I have never seen your drink, ANYWERE. But I do have a problem with people just not saying it how things really are. Sum Poosie is obviously a strip club bar drink, and that is why you came out with Think Pink. Just admit what you are doing and you will be cut some slack. If not, then we will all continue to think that you have zero credability.