Bevboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    <BigDaddy> Guest

Does anyone truly know the ingredient list in the Thai version of Red Bull?

My wife finds that a bottle a day completely clears up her morning sickness. However, if it is laced with caffeine like the US version, obviously we would avoid it.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

All I know is that the Thai is more of a concentrate, so it has more caffiene than the normal version. That is at least what I have found with other Thai style energy drinks.

Red Bull is a foreign made product and is not made according to FDA Guidelines. I would be wary of any product not produced in the USA and according to those guidelines. Anyway, I am proud to be an American and I buy American when I choose which energy drink to buy.

I didn't think there were FDA guidelines for energy drinks... And where's the bottle produced? Mexico?

I am so glad that very soon Xtrem will be made in the USA.

Infact it could be in the next couple of weeks or so.

We think it is important to manufacture our products in the same country if not continent where they are going to be sold. There are many reasons for us to do this, one being to give something back to the country (continent) we are selling in.

I hope this means that one day Energydude would give it a try [img]smile.gif[/img]

In case anyone cares, no food products in the US really have FDA approval nor are they required to have it. That is reserved for drugs and supplements that make medical claims. I guarantee that Sum Poosie doesn't have FDA approval. The process is tedious, takes many years to receive approval, and bottom line: Sum Poosie doesn't make any medical claims. Sum Poosie, like Red Bull, like the majority of consumable goods out there have GRAS status (Generally Recognized As Safe.)

Sidenote: When you talk about US-made products being better, keep in mind that most food products that are produced here and sent to Europe are required to undergo more rigorous testing and safety screenings than food products that are produced here for consumption in the US.

Yes fusion there are guidlines for beverages look it up! Do you think you are allowed to stuff anything you want in an energy drink and it is ok?
    SumPoosie is made and bottled in the USA. Even the glass is from the USA. We follow the guidelines to a tee!!! The problem is these foreign drinks follow no guidelines at all. For example explain to me why some energy drinks have a thousand mg of taurine in a single serving??? The FDA claims 28mg. is safe. Show me one study that says 1000mgs. are safe. Good luck.

Actually, there is no Recommended Daily Allowance listed for Taurine. 1000 mg is 1 gram and your body naturally maintains between 60 to 70 grams of Taurine a day. Taurine is found naturally in most meat products. And the FDA recommends Taurine to be included in infant formula which they do regulate.

The reality is that no product would be legal to sell in the US if it didn't qualify for GRAS status. Anyway, you speak of "foreign drinks": ie Red Bull, as if you invented the category. If there had never been a Red Bull there never would have been a Sum Poosie, and we would have been spared your deluded and unsolicited rantings.

For Energydude's information.

Xtrem USA version has different quantity ingredients than the European version. Why you may ask? It's very simple, there are regulations as to what quantity levels are accepted for each ingredient. It just so happens that most of the ingredients are less in the USA version.

I think that saying "The problem is these foreign drinks follow no guidelines at all" not only is wrong but offensive.

If everyone thought like you then there would be no international trade at all.

The way you sometimes talk is as if there is no other drink worth having on the planet. I just wonder how many cups of water, orange juice, Coke, Pepsi ETC you have every week.

Once again this has turned into a attack. These foreign drinks follow no guidelines that the FDA sets for the American public. My point is RB and the like are allowed to be sold here but do not follow those guidelines. I think it is not only unfair but even dangerous. All I can say is buy American. RB did not invent the energy drink they just brought it to America and convinced them it was worth 32 dollars per gallon. [img]tongue.gif[/img]