Bevboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Word on the street is red bull is afraid of rock star.
    I hear they are telling their account managers pressure retailers to up the price of 16 oz. Energy drinks in general and rock star in particular.
    It would seem rock star is gaining in market share, 20% to 40% in some markets and in Albertson’s super markets they are blowing red bull away.
    My customers have told me the red bull guys are giving them a song and dance on how they are losing money on 16 oz. Because 16 oz. is two servings for the price of one.
    This is utter nonsense but red bull is taking their best shot.
    Most retailers are not so stupid to believe that BS but it does show the arrogance of red bull.
    Red bull has a lot of enemies out there. People think it’s because they are number 1 in the category but the real reason they have so many enemies is because they don’t do business in a gentlemanly manner.

Dont know what is so UNgentlemanly about a sales tactic of breaking down the "usage/comsuption" rate to its minimum.
    Every above average sales person knows this sales tactic, obviously YOU dont...so does that make you below average or just not trained properly?

As far as RSTAR out selling RB in albertions.... COME ON PAL!!
    maybe in a few ...and I mean MAYBE and a FEW.
    When I was w/RB my one and only Albertsons sold 200 cases per month!! Thats 4800 cans a month, 39840 oz. per month, 160 cans per day sold, 6.6 cases per day, $.67 profit per can $3216.00 profit per month, $9072.00 in sales per month.

Ya see the sales tactic.

I am a Huge RED SOX fan, and you are sounding like most of my friends talking about how the Yanks are not fair, or UNgentlemanly.
    Dude get over it...they (RB+ YANKS) may be #1 but not Champions every year.

Keep plugging and keep your share of the market, and try not to sound like energydude!! youll be fine.

Hey Toby I don’t sell rock star. In fact I have never posted the name or names of product or products I currently distribute. So please do not accuse me of using this forum to sell my stuff.
    When I talk about red bull as being ungentlemanly I mean as a rule not just in this case.
    Their arrogance and skullduggery are well known in the industry.
    Again I have nothing to do with rock star other competing against them.

"Hey Toby I don’t sell rock star. In fact I have never posted the name or names of product or products I currently distribute. So please do not accuse me of using this forum to sell my stuff."

Lempke...I never said you sold ROCKSTAR. also I never accused you of using this forum to sell stuff.
    My last comment was intended as a pick me up and not to cry or whine like edude "OUT ON THE STREETS". I apologize for not being more clear.

My information on Albertson’s selling more rock star then red bull came from red bull.
    I know many red bull account managers and they fill me in.
    The sales tactic that you seem so found of would insult the intelligence of my customers. Since I have to see these people every week the last thing I would ever do is insult them.
    I’ve been in sales for over 25 years and am quite proud of my successes. It would never occur to me to try to confuse my retailers with double talk and bogus figures.
    My customers trust me because I’m honest and respect them.

"It would never occur to me to try to confuse my retailers with double talk and bogus figures.
    My customers trust me because I’m honest and respect them."

point taken with the honest line....however, confusion is cause by the initiator most of the time so maybe you should communicate a bit better!
    and double talk....its figures pal, ya know "numbers" "sums"....and there is nothing "BOGUS" about the numbers I just showed you.

Sounds like you just CONFUSED yourself.
    LOL

It may be possible that Rock Star has gained some market share in many areas. And Red Bull should be scared and not at the same time. Rock Start is Red Bull only true competition. While many other energy drinks sell, Rock Star is the second hottest selling drink. But even with that said out of every 10 cans of energy drinks, 6-7 of them are Red Bull 2 of them are Rock Star, and the other 1 is of the rest. Rock Star may be up to 3 cans in some areas. Im am sure Red Bull is putting the pressure on the RMs to keep the gap wide open, but its not like Red Bull is in danger of going out of busines. And no way are they loosing money on 16 oz. cans. I believe it is made here in the USA, so it should only cost them about $8 a case, if that. It cost Red Bull $8 a case to make Red Bull and ship it over seas. Plus, Rock Star does not advertise on TV, so I think they are doing ok as well.

RB feels the best way to sell their product is to have no other ones around. I am glad to hear RS is doing well. SP does well when placed right next to RB as well. There is nothing wrong with offering choice when the products differ so much.

so what your saing edude is the lawyers, law makers and politicions should MAKE the bar owners offer the consumer a CHOICE?

SO WHAT ABOUT THE CHOICE THE BAR OWNER SHOULD HAVE IN WHAT HE/SHE CARRIES?

you are jumping from one foot to the other!!
    make up your mind!

That’s it Toby dazzle them with bull****.
    A red bull account manger can prove that ounce per ounce the retailer makes less money on rock star and I guess that’s the truth, but it’s a half truth and where I come from a half truth is a lie.
    Red bull @ $32.00 per case $1.33 per 8.3 oz. Can $0.17 per oz. Retail price $1.99 per can $0.24 per oz. $0.07 profit per oz.
    Rock star $32.00 per case on going buy 3 get 1 free all the time brings the price down to $1.00 per 16 oz. Can $0.07 an oz. Retail price $1.99 per can $0.13 per oz. Profit per oz. $0.06
    Well I guess red bull is right.
    Now lets look at it my way red bull cost the retailer $1.33 a can they charge $1.99 a can profit $0.67
    Rock star cost retailer $1.00 per can they charge $1.99 a can profit $0.99
    I can see how one could believe they make less money on rock star as compared to red bull.
    Sku per sku the retailer loses money every time a can of red bull leaves the store.
    If a retailer chooses not to carry red bull he/she will make more money and all that stuff that is not selling starts selling. The retailer pays less for every energy drink other then red bull. Red bull cost the retailer money.
    It would behoove the retailer to drop red bull for a less expensive like tasting product like xtrem or rock star. People will buy it up if there is no red bull.
    Now I’m very sleepy so I’ll end it here and see what I posted tomorrow.