Bevboard

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BAG N BOX

Bag N Box will win, its all about money. Bar wants to make more money. Brand will not make a difference in the end. Money does!!

Amen!!! That is what I have seen first hand!
    "I am a bartender not a can opener!" That is what many are saying. Pouring out of a little can is silly... that's why cranberry and pineapple is in a GUN!!!!!

Will, how does a bar make more money when ounce for ounce RB and BIB cost the same!

How does a bar make more money when the customers behind the person being given a sales pitch on BIB leaves because they cant get a drink?

How does a bar (or any other retail estab.) that doesnt sell what the consumer wants stay in business?

Its like putting an ice cream stand where a coffee house used to be in Alaska! Give the people what they ask for not what YOU feel they need to drink!!

Sorry Toby wrong again! Red Bull cost 16.5 cents per oz. Bag In Box about 8 cents. It would take 25 cases of Red Bull to make what is in one Bag in a Box. That also means the bartenders would have to open 600 tiny little cans. Which would you rather do? "I am a Bartender not a can opener"

Originally posted by heidienergy:
    Sorry Toby wrong again! Red Bull cost 16.5 cents per oz. Bag In Box about 8 cents. It would take 25 cases of Red Bull to make what is in one Bag in a Box. That also means the bartenders would have to open 600 tiny little cans. Which would you rather do? "I am a Bartender not a can opener"
    I WOULD RATHER SERVE MY PATRONS WHAT THEY ORDER!!!

if its BIB or RB or Rockstar in a bulky 16 oz can.
    doesnt matter to me...whatever they ask for and gets me the tip! and you know what...if I served them something they didnt order i.e. Pink BIB...I dont deserve a tip!

hold on....a Pink BIB costs $400!!!
    Heidi that totally limits you as to where you can sell this product!

Small bars will have to fork out $400 each time you come by! as opposed to $32 or $64 from RB?

Good luck in overcoming that hurdle. sounds like your product is for the high volume clubs. I really dont see a small place shelling out $400 for a bag of mix when their BEER orders probably dont exceed $400!

I know,
    Heidi & Dude will offer to sell the bars a half bag each time they swing by...what a mess.

P.S.

drinking cheap drinks is tacky...I prefer to know what Energy Drink is going in my glass..even if it isn't Red Bull...whatever it is..I want it served straight out of the can.

But hey...that's just me

<Raging Bull> Guest

Has anyone ever met a bar owner who cared if the bartenders didn't like opening cans?

Bar owners care about making money - so they care about what their customers want.

While bar owners would love to cut their per-ounce cost of a drink down; few would be willing to take a $400 chance on a beverage that is unknown and unproven.

Imagine walking into a bar with Bud on tap. You've got a beer that is priced half of what Bud is, but nobody's ever heard of it. No bar is going to take Bud out in favor of something completely unknown and unproven. It just doesn't happen. Tap handles are notoriously hard to get with a major brand; doing so with an unknown just doesn't happen.

Wow I can tell there is a lot of non bar owners around here. First off the bag in a box is 199.00 bucks about the same cost that you would pay for 6 cases of RB. However, that would produce 18 gallons of product and cost 70% less than opening 100's of little tiny cans. Bar owners are in to making money!!! If I can cut their cost 70% and speed up service they are all for it. Why do you think Soda, Pineapple, Cranberry, etc. is all in a GUN !!!! It is faster easier and quicker period!!! We don't open little cans anymore and haven't since the 70's now 30 years later you want bartenders to go back to opening little cans.....sorry its getting old.
    I could care less if you agree or not once again I just brought something to the table I have noticed the last month in going to hundreds of bars and nightclubs in and around Florida. The number one complaint from the bartenders was what a pain the tiny little can was to open and pour out of all night. THEY said it slows them down and is a pain in the butt. Popnutz go sell your story somewhere else your pretend bartender story was a joke. I have been in the bar biz 30 years and have seen it all and hired many bartenders. They hate opening cans if you found one that gets pleasure from opening tiny little cans and then trying to pour from them then tell her to hang up her gun and do it with pineapple and cranberry too. That would be a pleasant site seeing all those cans stack up as customers wait for their drinks. I can see why many of you have never owned a bar and by all appearences never should.

I was in Aqua in San Francisco in some recent months, and when my fiance ordered a mixed drink, they poured their cranberry juice from a can and same with my pineapple juice. But hey, I quess that is just what quality places do.
    Edude, serious question for you. I guess if you have just started selling your BIB you havent gotten there yet, but you know if the lines are not maintained and not checked for Syrup - to - water levels and CO2 is not proper, you drink can taste pretty nasty. Now how bad will an energy drink taste with all the minerals and crap in it? Im not slamming you, just wondering if you have come across that or if you have a plan for it.