Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I have noticed that many energy drinks are really high in Sodium. Why? If you are trying to drink healthy it does not make sense to drink all that sodium. 200 mgs. in just one 8 oz. can of RB. Nothing like looking like a giant puffer fish!
    Another thing....HFCS in an energy drink.... Yukk
    Use REAL CANE SUGAR it helps make a quality product don't you think!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

here we go again.....edude (Dustin Stemmer) is bashing RB!!
    HIS SALES MUST BE DOWN OR NOT CLOSE TO HIS FORCASTED GOAL!
    so he feels compelled to bash the category leader, the company that started the whole energy drink craz, the company that has allowed him to have a product to sell!

This just amazes me to no end!

What purpose does these negative posts/threads have on his business, never-the-less on the whole category itself!
    None!
    ABSOLUETLY ZERO!!

So I ask you Dustin...why dont "YOU" bring something interesting to this board (to quote you)??? insteed of the bashing of the company that made you!

A tablespoon of A-1 steak sauce has over 240 mgs. of sodium. If you are concerned with all that sodium...maybe you shouldnt be drinking energy drinks and stick to water.
    But I agree with Toby, sales must be slow, or looking for more info to try and use in accounts to try and get your drinks in there.

Toby grow up !!! I wasn't bashing that lousy urine yellow energy drink. I simply stated it had a lot of salt in it.

Ron........ I am kind of hoping that lately you are smoking funny cigarettes because your post lead me to believe you are AFM! Comparing steak sauce to an energy drink ????

It was a simple question.... if you can't answer it fine!!! 200mgs. of salt in a tiny 8oz can is alot. Combine that with alcohol and you have a recipe for the fully bloated!!!

Edude sounds like a former bodybuilding guy I know who used to rep S.P.
    But as long as an energy drink has more potassium than sodium..it will all balance out.

And I doubt that people drinking mixed drinks are too worried about the bloated look...something I have never heard people complain about when drinking R.B. anyway

So is S.P. dead in the water or what?
    Now it's called Think Pink, Drink Pink...wow that's quite a name...but the can and paw is better than the SP bottle. Here ya go...have the Paw on the front and the chicks on the back and maybe convenience stores will sell them as long as only the paw faces front on the shelf.

Can you tell I'm bored and have nothing better to do right now than to type and contemplate how to help E-Dude with his marketing approach? [img]redface.gif[/img]

If you want to attack me do it on your own thread!
    I am posting about energy drinks in general.... why so much sodium??? 200mgs. is really alot when you think about it.

My point is HFCS and High Sodium levels are kind of unexpected in an energy drink just because it is so unhealthy.

Its not so much compairing as it is keeping things relative. Most people dont care about the sodium, is it high? I dont know, I will take your word for it. I dont look for the sodium, but I know some people do. If you dont drink Red Bull, then why even care? If most energy drinks have a lot of sodium, there must be something to it, or just something key in the ingrediants. I know, you will say Sum Poosie doesnt need to use all the sodium...then for that matter, good for you. But if you do not drink it, then it should not concern you, right?

Thanks for that enlightning post Ron...... you are truly AFM! Who cares how much salt is in the product????? A lot of people care. I am in the business and I never realized just how much salt is in one tiny can. I guess all the salt was supposed to improve the taste........LOL!!!!!!

I tried to keep a straight face!

If you have been in the business for a long time, then you just dont pay enough attention to other products and your competition. Its not new that RB has that much sodium. Maybe it is needed in part to rehydrate people...I dont know. It would be interesting for someone who knows why there is what amounts in what drinks to say something.
    Its not like I just jumped into the busines either. Most people who are overly concerned with the level of Sodium, are people who should not be drinking these types of drinks anyway, they want to see lower sodium because then they can try new things.
    Thank god I am here in CA...seems everyone is way to concerned with everything that Edude thinks is bad in whatever city you live in.

Using salt for rehydration..... Great idea Ron! I knew I could count on you.
    Sodium is often used to improve taste......
    Considering RB and others have 200mgs. and they still taste like hell I am wondering what taste they were trying to improve upon.

If you drank 3 cans of RB or SFRB in one day you would get 600mgs. of sodium in just 24ozs.

ThinkPink for example 3 cans 36ozs. only 135mgs.
    of sodium 700% less Salt!

I never knew and was amazed. I try to watch my salt intake and I have to admit I will read labels a little more carefully now.