Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

http://wildcat.arizona.edu/papers/94/157/01_5_m.html

This article was sent to me today does anyone have any additional information? Does anyone know of other deaths from mixing RB and liquor?

geez...2001...what are you searching all the old dusty archives for the "latest" news?

"Red Bull..an expensive new high endurance drink..."

he he he

No I was looking to see if anymore died drinking RB .... just a follow up!

<Sean> Guest

Yes, it happens. Energy drinks mixed with alcohol go straight to the blood, aka the term "Bowl Bomb" - too much can easily kill you, even if you "think you can handle it."

ok ... so Im going to take this "YES IT HAPPENS" from a non reg poster.

please show any of us PROOF of this happening and not just randomly post a line of opinionated BS!

most reports I have seen about "club goers die from Red Bull" either shows latter or barely talks about how the person was on illegal narcotics and was alreay spinning out of controll. So have people died while drink Red Bull, sure, but is RB the cause, no.

I don't know about RB deaths. All I can report is that a couple of years ago, at a friends place, we were partying and drinking vodka RB. Later that evening, we went to a club and soon after getting in the club, we found a buddy of mine passed out in the washroom. We all thought he had too much to drink; the ambulance came and took my friend to the hospital. After thinking about it, it was clear the alcohol intake alone wasn't the only reason, as we've pretty much drank the same amount. In the hospital, after a bunch of tests, the doctor reported that my friend’s blood sugar level was way up there. No drugs, blood alcohol level not at a frightening level, healthy and active individual and he's didn't have any history of blood sugar problem, i.e. diabetes, and still doesn't. The only logical culprit was RB. I’m not saying that drinking one vodka RB can be dangerous, and we can't really prove RB was the cause, but after witnessing that, you won’t see me drinking more than one energy drink mixed with alcohol anytime soon. My friend’s first comment at the hospital when we saw him the morning: “having a tube up your wee-wee isn’t cool”

well then ALL energy drinks could be potentially dangerous..not just RB

don't forget the E.... that might hurt too

Originally posted by toby1:
    ok ... so Im going to take this "YES IT HAPPENS" from a non reg poster.

please show any of us PROOF of this happening and not just randomly post a line of opinionated BS!
    If you were being observant instead of a one sided prick, you'd see that I registered the same day, hence the same screen name. You could just say you wanted proof, and left out the unreg'd part.

But, I guess if you want to be a prick, then keep up the good work. You're good at it.

[ 05-26-2004, 02:57 AM: Message edited by: Sean ]
    The powerful choleric says, \"deal with it.\"<br /><br />The phlegmatic says, \"I don\'t want to.\"

Originally posted by johnnyrockets:
    well then ALL energy drinks could be potentially dangerous..not just RB

don't forget the E.... that might hurt too
    Absolutely. If the energy drinks go straight to your blood stream, as I hear, then it can be ANY energy drink. You're absolutely correct.

Yeah, the illegal activity doesn't help along the situation either. lol
    The powerful choleric says, \"deal with it.\"<br /><br />The phlegmatic says, \"I don\'t want to.\"