Bevboard

Thread: Whither KMX?

Been thinking about KMX and curious to learn the perspectives of anyone on the board here.

For instance, has KMX lived up to its potential or been a disappointment given Coca-Cola's resources? To what extent has KMX been held back by Coke (or its bottlers), if at all? Is KMX differentiated enough from the bevy of energy drinks out there today trying to steal share from Red Bull? Is KMX available for purchase online? (I read it was so, but haven't found it yet)

Full disclosure: just a humble student doing work on the energy drink category for a class, so just trying to ramp up on general knowledge. Any feedback, anecdotes, speculation, etc. appreciated.

Save your breath. KMX is no more. Coke has a replacement energy drink in the works -- Full Throttle. 16oz as opposed to 8.4 for KMX.

<RB1> Guest

KMX is dead in West Texas. It is a year OD and they don't even try to sell it anymore. Reatailers have booted it and pulled ot off shelves. Same story with 180.

<RB1> Guest

KMX is dead in West Texas. It is a year OD and they don't even try to sell it anymore. Retailers have booted it and pulled ot off shelves. Same story with 180.

Last KMX I saw was at an Arco station in Glendora (CA)...that was a few months back when I used to stop there while gassing up....about a week ago,
    though, they were all out of it. (I had a Piranha
    Punch instead....)

the stupid thing KO did was not get it into the right places. was it going to sell next to gatorade at a kroger's, or at a 7-11 or in bars. red bull was king at convenience and bars, and attacked major retailers last. KO went the opposite way (except for bars, where it never was).
    woot woot