Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rockstar?

Anyone like this drink?

Why are Red Bull and this drink the same price if there is so much MORE Rockstar? Is Red Bull a lot stronger?

Is Rockstar in general an unhealthy thing to drink a lot of? (such as 1-2 times every other day)?

Thanks!

I would imagine plenty of folks like the drink, its the #2 selling energy drink in the states, I believe.

IMO, Its decent. It has a dry ginger ale type taste...much less offensive than Monster. The cola is good, too. Very reminiscent of the taste of Jolt Cola.

The fact that Roc Star is 16 oz, is probably mostly due to marketing strategy. They want to cater to people looking for a better value.

Like any energy drink, its not really healthy. Caffeine isn't really good for you, thats why decaffeinated options are available, plus it has a warning for a reason. I think the general warning for drinks like this is no more than 3 a day.

They are about the same price because RB started and kept the same price point, and RS wanted to compete head to head. RockStar can do this because they product localy in the states, as to were RB is produced in Austria. Also, even though energy drinks may sell for about $30+ a case, it only costs about $6-$8 a case to make. These drinks are not unhealthy for you, but they are not intended to be drunk for health reasons. The warnings are put there to prevent law suits from people who are sensitive to Caffiene and have complications from these drinks.

DPSU sells Monster and Rockstar in the DFW area. Most retailers tell me Rockstar is dead and Monster is doing very well.
    banned

Where exactly is the "DFW" area???

Dallas-Fort Worth

Thanks for the assist DCDan!
    banned

Rockstar and many other energy drinks make the mistake of giving their product away to get distributors to buy. Then they make a even bigger mistake and discounting the product to the consumer.

Bookoo, Dickens Cider, Pimp Juice, Impulse, Rockstar, etc. etc. all have serious flaws. None of these products are made with the consumer in mind and lack clear direction in my opinion.

Wired Energy seems like a good enough product but who wants to be wired? It's a negative not a positve.

The reason many distributors like myself get angry is that we are bombarded with energy drinks daily and I see the mistakes a mile away.

RB is like a Chrysler K Car ... they sold a ton of them but the car was awful.

Instead of building a much better car everyone is trying to build a bigger K Car!

Yes, we all know I distribute SumPoosie and I do it because like Boodoo said it is my job to put it on the shelf and it is corporates job to have it sold off the shelf. How hard is it to sell SumPoosie? The marketing is there and is very tight. The product looks and taste better than any I have ever tried.

When looking at an energy drink break it down.
    Price, marketing, branding, sell through etc. etc.

How was the consumer not in mind when these drinks were created? RS was to give the consumer a choice and a value. Same with BooKoo. Pimp Juice is for the novelty name and fans of Nelly and Pop Culture.
    And what do you mean about giving their product away to get distributors to buy it? This seems to much like one of your posts about SP. You keep saying how bad these drinks taste, but people like them. They all have their own taste and it is all aquiered. I dont know anyone who had their first drink of beer and said "Wow, this is the best tasting drink in the world", but you get used to it and end up enjoying it and associating it with events. Same with energy drinks.

Wow, what was I thinking Ron.... your right.

Pimp Juice and Bookoo are wonderful and well thought out products.