Bevboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

I was wondering what energy drinks you folks believe actually sell.
    My choices are
    Red Bull…… that’s a no brainer.
    Rock Star
    Monster
    Stacker Stinger
    Pimp Juice
    Fuze Omega
    I’m sure I have forgetting one or two.
    This is not to say I like these drinks, it’s just the ones I believe really sell in a store when a consumer is given a choice. NOT the drinks that are being consumed on premise where the drinker is a captive audience and does not have a choice.

[ 03-29-2005, 04:02 PM: Message edited by: Lepke ]

AMP
    Adrenaline rush
    I knew I forgot something

I personally buy these alot:

redbull/redbull sugar free(mostly sugar free)
    mountain dew amp 4 packs
    sobe versions (sugar free versions of both for me)
    starbucks doubleshot (way too many 4packs)
    bawls/bawls guaranexx
    monster lowcarb

I don't think YJ Stinger (Stacker2) sells. What about Full Throttle or Rush (Monarch Beverage Co.)?

Around here stinger seems to sell. Maybe it’s because the company that makes the stacker 2 diet pills is based here and every store carries them.
    Any way I don’t like the product my self nor do I sell or am connected in any way with them, I am just going by what store owners tell me and from what I see.
    Around here every one seems to know what stackers is. And that’s half the battle to get the consumer to pick it up.
    I could be wrong that does happen though infrequently.
    So far full throttle is not moving well or so I’m told and rush came and went here 2 years ago.
    Double shot does sell but I am not sure one would call it an energy drink. I like double shot alot.
    I’m thinking bawls is sort of in the category of gurana beverages but it does have legs.

[ 03-29-2005, 06:39 PM: Message edited by: Lepke ]

I do well with SumPoosie for many reasons, some like the glass bottle, some like the girl on the bottle. I also see Rockstar doing very well.

on a local level, I believe that a brand is only as good as the distributor that carries it.

You have situations like the various redbull guys, where some only carry the 4 rb SKUs, and then you've got beer houses carrying energy drinks, small, medium, and large soda bottlers with them, and then some are going direct through a chain's warehouses.

redbull has a long way to go in this area. rockstar is distributed by the big Honickman Canada Dry franchises, and it seems to be just a marginal brand (at best) to them. Monster seems to be a little more well taken care of, though I can't remember who exactly has it around here.

Full Throttle, AMP, and sobe obviously have good penetration, being distributed by the big boys.. and fuze is carried by Philadelphia Coke, who do ok with omega, considering they also sell FT.

Originally posted by Damon:
    I do well with SumPoosie for many reasons, some like the glass bottle, some like the girl on the bottle.
    I knew that was comming.

red bull
    Monster yes
    Adrenaline rush yes
    rockstar maybe

full th no
    no fear no way

and of course who sells them.

I see Sobe Adrenaline rush.. (regular/sugar free) seem to sell pretty well along with RB of course, RS, Monster, Amp are probably the ones sold the most around where I live.