Bevboard

View Poll Results: What things should you avoid doing when starting up a new product ?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • What are the things that make or break your product ?

1 100.00%

The market is saturated out there with energy drinks what are the newbies doing to stay around in such a massive competitive arena ?

Most newbies don't stay around. Honestly, the window of opportunity has passed for the smaller, shoe-string budget brands. If you don't have an immense amount of capital and a very solid, dependable distribution network, forget about it. Most new e-drink brands don't get beyond a particular part of the country before they fade away. There are literally hundreds and hundreds of energy drinks in the market and only 4 companies really have any share at all nationally: Red Bull, Coke, Pepsi, and Hansen's.

The real question to ask yourself is: how little are you prepared to sell before you give up on the category?

Thanks for the info Coco Rico interesting point: How little are you prepared to sell before you give up on the category ? I will certainly take this in consideration among other things.

Just out of curiosity, why do you add a poll to every post you make but don't add any answers???

Poll: What things should you avoid doing when starting up a new product ?

What are the things that make or break your product?

Why does so many products end up in energy drink heaven?
    This is a poll:

Did you have a good day today?
    - yes
    - no

You don't add more questions in a poll, especially not if they are open questions where numerous answers can be given.

[ 11-02-2005, 03:40 AM: Message edited by: Fry ]
    My kingdom for a can of <a href=\"http://www.gotfuturama.com/Information/Encyc-66-Slurm/\" target=\"_blank\">slurm</a>!

Lets Give this industry the respect it deserves and keep it real and be professional

I am trying to keep it professional, if you don't know what a poll is... don't start one!
    My kingdom for a can of <a href=\"http://www.gotfuturama.com/Information/Encyc-66-Slurm/\" target=\"_blank\">slurm</a>!

The key is to go slow and build a base of business in one area before branching out too quickly. Moving too fast dilutes one's efforts so nothing gets accomplished. This is true in most any product category.