Bevboard

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Bull 16oz.?

Hearing rumors of Red Bull testing a 16oz SKU in certain markets. Anyone have any details?

i havent heard anything but if true we will have to start buying bigger bottles of vodka and jager lol. I dont think they would do it just because of the set up they already have with the size of cans and all is to familiar with the public. Not only that but they are the number one selling energy drink - if a company is hurting ,which they really are not,then they try different things like changing image and all and thats what i think,- could be wrong???

Monster #1 in Phoenix. MORE TO COME.

The truth, When you go to the store do you buy Q. tips or johnson & johnson? Or would you go and ask for an energy drink or would you simply say (before all the new ones came out) i can go for a red bull. no matter what people are still going to associate the name first known to the product being sold. In most of your success stories. I am sure monster may be good i have never tried it but i will possibly one day. If you read my other post you will see why

just thinkin-no clue on what you just wrote. I think you were trying to make the point that RB has become synonymous with Energy Drinks like Klennex has to Tissues. I may be wrong though as I have trouble interpreting incoherent sentences.

As far as Monster being #1 in Phoenix goes..Truth, what is the source?

I would be surprised if RB would launch a 16 oz can, the price point would be to high and the ingrediants in the RB will be doubled, therefor it would maybe become a health issue for someone that drinks several of them ......

Beverage Digest

Thanks for feedback. Saw that in Beverage Digest - that trend is the only reason I would believe RB might take such a drastic step. Why would category leader stray from core premium offering and compromise pricing/margins/image other than the fact that they are slowly but surely losing share to plethora of 16oz competitors that have more of a value per oz. offering? One RB distributor told me he had heard of no 16oz product, but talked to someone else who say they have seen the 16oz product being tested. Just trying to get broader input. Thanks.

red sox fan, you understood what i was trying to say correctly

I have talked to a Regional Manager(8 states) with RB and he mentioned that they are going to test market the 16oz can this year. No more specifics than that.
    RB is concerned about the 16oz segment but feels that people will soon tire of the large cans.
    Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!