Bevboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Someone started a real good topic not long ago. Unfortunately, it turned into a huge Redline discussion. I'd really like to know what you guys find to be the strongest energy drink(s) on the market, whether 8.4oz or 16oz.

I don't wanna be rude, but if your reply is going to include the words Redline or Xtreme Shock, PLEASE REFRAIN from replying. I'm interested in all energy drinks other than those 2.

Thanks!

Why do you want to exclude Redline and Extreme Shock? If people feel they are one of the strongest energy drinks then why can't they say so?
    Thats like asking what the fastest car is out there and then excluding Porsche and Ferrari.
    Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!

Extreme Shock and Redline are not available in Montreal are they ......if they are i have not seen them before ......

Redline is available in Canada. It is imported by Upper 49th Distributing 800-787-7038

Thank you Greg , I will look to see if there are some on the shelves in my area .....but we already have approx 20 brands on the market in Quebec, and we are not a very mature market yet, therefor the sales for the little guys are duifficult . Especially to get shelf space, we are much different in terms of category management here in Quebec ....the big chain stores are not very open to new products that have not yet earned there shelf space ....
    And RB has only been available since Aug 2004, so they are still growing ....but they have increased overall sales in the energy drink category by more than double ... i have a partner of mine who has a energy drink company called : BASE, and he is working hard to increase his sales and visibility, but RB has not hurt him, instaed they have helped creat awareness about the category ..... Rock Star has been introduced and i have no ides how they are doing in the Quebec market .....

Greg thanks for all the insight in the beverage industry...much appreciated ...

Breuvage J,
    RB has only been in the States since 97. It sure seems as if this category is a lot older than that.

BTW, Your welcome and thanks for the compliment.

[ 02-09-2006, 05:16 PM: Message edited by: greg ]

Redline is available in Montreal yes and you are correct that Upper 49th is the importer. HOWEVER Upper 49th, while a Health Canada Site License holder, is NOT authorized to import Redline. Redline is actually ILLEGAL in Canada (not approved bu Health Canada). Upper 49th will get nailed eventually. It's like having a license to import Tylenol and using it to import Percocet.

Anyway, I'm looking for the strongest brands in 8.4oz and 16oz cans.
    Thanks!

Since Redline and Extreme Shock have to be "excluded" from this post, here is my opinion; Source Burn 2 is the strongest energy drink I have found that is in the same category as Red Bull, Monster, Rockstar etc..It has a great formula that I have not seen from any other manufacturer. Taste great as well.

Red Bull for me, unfortunatly it tastes like arse.
    Life is MUCH sweeter on the DEW side!

Thanks ALLPRO. Source Burn 2 does seem to pack quite a buzz.
    Tons O'Fun, how can Red Bull be stronger than most 16oz cans that essentially have double its formula?