Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I seem to be seeing a lot of negative toward XS Energy Drink. A lot of the comments come off as kind of ignorant. Are you sampling XS before you make the comments? Have you checked out the company or dealt with an IBO that represents XS before you throw out your claims that it is a pyramid scheme. A good place to start is thier website at www.xsgear.com . People put a lot of emphasis on "why don't they advertise . . . they could be #1 and make billions" We want to keep the personal touch in out "advertising". Why pay some celeb a few more million to endorse a product they will never use? WE endorse it because WE believe in it! WE are the people next door, that work with you, talk with you, not some celebrity that you would be lucky to meet some time. And to call the organization we all work with a "pyramid scheme", that is ludacris! I think some of our partners and endorsers, (Bill Gates & Microsoft, IBM, Barnes & Noble, Circuit City, Bass Pro Shop, leading author and authority on leadership training - John C. Maxwell and many more. . .)have a lot more to lose by being involved in a "pyramid scheme" than any normal Joe IBO that sells XS Energy Drink! Make Sence?!

I would love to read your comments!
    XS Energy drink Rocks!

Are you saying that Bill gates takes time out of his day to "AMWAY" XS drinks to his employees and business associates?
    Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!

OK, ok, enough of this. For the record, you are at least the 30th IBO who has come on here trying to make this argument.

First of all, I would like to point out that your signature is a violation of Quixtar's rules. Expect an email from rules_administrator@quixtar.com in the near future.

So, to answer your questions:
    1. Yes, we (those who run this site) have tried every XS product
    2. Yes, we have dealt with IBOs (countless), Quixtar Corporate, the folks who run XS Gear, as well as the company that actually makes XS for Quixtar

Are those qualifications OK?

Anyway, here's why IBOs and XS take such a beating on this site:

1. There is no verifiable data to prove XS's success or lack thereof. You and every other IBO say that XS is #2...Prove it. Every other brand has IRI and AC Nielsen, but Quixtar does not.

2. Pyramid scheme? Fine, fine...The FTC investigated Amway in the late 70's and they figured out a way to appease the government. However, it is widely known that IBOs use "retail" rather than "personal consumption" when purchasing for themselves. This, in turn, means that many people are going to view Quixtar as a pyramid scheme as this is, well, the very definition of a pyramid scheme.

3. IBOs like to contradict themselves. In your case, you've pointed out that Quixtar would never hire a celebrity but then pointed out that Bill Gates etc endorse the product. So which is it?

4. Every IBO -- yourself included -- says the same thing. It's obvious that free thinking isn't part of the program. Many reference psycho babble about being "prosumers" or something else that was obviously fed to them.
    The BevNET Staff

Originally posted by BevNET:
    OK, ok, enough of this. For the record, you are at least the 30th IBO who has come on here trying to make this argument.

First of all, I would like to point out that your signature is a violation of Quixtar's rules. Expect an email from rules_administrator@quixtar.com in the near future.

2. Yes, we have dealt with IBOs (countless), Quixtar Corporate, the folks who run XS Gear, as well as the company that actually makes XS for Quixtar

1. There is no verifiable data to prove XS's success or lack thereof. You and every other IBO say that XS is #2...Prove it. Every other brand has IRI and AC Nielsen, but Quixtar does not.

2. Pyramid scheme? Fine, fine...The FTC investigated Amway in the late 70's and they figured out a way to appease the government. However, it is widely known that IBOs use "retail" rather than "personal consumption" when purchasing for themselves. This, in turn, means that many people are going to view Quixtar as a pyramid scheme as this is, well, the very definition of a pyramid scheme.

3. IBOs like to contradict themselves. In your case, you've pointed out that Quixtar would never hire a celebrity but then pointed out that Bill Gates etc endorse the product. So which is it?

4. Every IBO -- yourself included -- says the same thing. It's obvious that free thinking isn't part of the program. Many reference psycho babble about being "prosumers" or something else that was obviously fed to them.
    Nice Post!
    Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!

make no mistake, i have nothing personal against XS, i just feel it will not even be a blip in the radar come this spring and summer.

but who knows, prove me wrong Mr. XS.
    JP QuikServ Drinks... Your affordable and innovative drink solution!

Originally posted by greg:
    Are you saying that Bill gates takes time out of his day to "AMWAY" XS drinks to his employees and business associates?
    What is "AMWAY" supposed to mean? They are/were a multi-billion dollar debt free company. They must have done something right. Oh, and by the way, I don't work for "AMWAY" .
    XS Energy drink Rocks!

Originally posted by BevNET:

First of all as a member of the BevNet staff shouldn't you be impartial? Isn't that like the boss saying "I like coke, so that's all anyone can drink at work"? And, I did not say Bill Gates endorses the product, I said he endorses our organization, which many on this site seem to put down so readily.

so just out of curiosity, what makes all these othe brands like red bull, monster, rockstar, etc. so superior?
    XS Energy drink Rocks!

They are superior in that they work to develop a product they think people will like, and then they promote it. If I want to buy a Monster, I walk into the store and buy one. If not, noone will ever bother me over it or try to push me into buying it.

Online shopping became so huge because people like to browse and buy what they choose to based on their own decisions, without any pressure. They don't want to deal with, among other things, annoying sales people. Quixtar IBO's are annoying salespeople.

Originally posted by Mr. Elekt:
    First of all as a member of the BevNet staff shouldn't you be impartial? Isn't that like the boss saying "I like coke, so that's all anyone can drink at work"? And, I did not say Bill Gates endorses the product, I said he endorses our organization, which many on this site seem to put down so readily.
    That's a really strange response to what I wrote. You asked "why all the hostility?" and I believe that I directly adressed your points.

What's the difference between Bill Gates endorsing the product or the organization? You used it to bolster the case for the product -- which is the same thing that you attempted to poke fun at.

Honestly, your reply is yet another example of why people are hostile to IBOs.
    The BevNET Staff

First of all as a member of the BevNet staff shouldn't you be impartial?
    BevNet has a flipping Crystal Pepsi for an avatar, what makes you think they are impartial to one drink over another?

This site is basicly a gathering of opinions. There isn't one opinion that is greater than the rest, there are many people who share opinions, but in the end they are just that, opinions. If you like your job as a IBO, screw what everyone else thinks. Do you need everyone to support you in the decisions that you make?

In my opinion, IBO's do not have the same structure as an ISO certified company or other organizations that are sucessful. I'd rather work with people in corporate america than risk so much that belongs to me in an IBO. That is my opinion.