Bevboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HELP PLEASE!!

I am speaking with a Manufacturer/Company about a distributorship that they are offering. The company seems to check out ok. They have sent me samples with some of their promotional material. Drinks taste great, and are healthy, all herbal and no chems. just sodium benzoate. The labels are fantastic, and I believe they would sell great in the bar and night clubs, as well as the stores.

My question is: at $21.50 to me and a wholesale of $32-up with a retail of $53 make sense. I would be able to set my own pricing and it would be the same as RBull. They are 24, 12 oz. bottles
    *Is $10-$12 per case good?

Are you presently a beverage distributor?
    Is this the franchise company that you are having trouble communicating with?
    Have they promised you support?
    If so what kind of support?
    There are so many questionsÂ….
    $21.50 is a lot of money to pay for a new unproven brand.

I would same the same, especially if you can get a "hot" brand for example: Full Throttle for like $18 per case.

What brand is this if I may ask?

All depends Hungry. 21.50 is a decent price if you get the support. This is still 10.5 margin for you. Better hope the product sells. Like Lepke says, if its not proven or if you haven't seen it in action you may want to know what their distribution looks like. I wouldn't want to be the first on line. I know a few company companies that charge around that price and they are well worth it.
    By the way Full throttle, I wouldnt touch. Even with the big marketing campaign around it, that product does not sell as good as people think.

They have promised support, promo and advertising @ %50($), rights to their name and 1yr. cell phone, laptop, counter frigs', ice barrels, door racks, and corporate training, etc. They will be flying halfway across the country to meet me. They are new and from what I gather, quietly planning their attack into the mainstream market. I have plenty of Bus. exp. to start and maintain a profitable bus. It is all I have done. However, never in this field. I don't know the questions to ask THEM. I have no problem taking a risk, provided the risk/reward ratio works.
    *the real ? is this - is there some sort of standard that you guys/gals would use for a new product or line before signing on.

Originally posted by Brainy:
    All depends Hungry. 21.50 is a decent price if you get the support. This is still 10.5 margin for you. Better hope the product sells. Like Lepke says, if its not proven or if you haven't seen it in action you may want to know what their distribution looks like. I wouldn't want to be the first on line. I know a few company companies that charge around that price and they are well worth it.
    By the way Full throttle, I wouldnt touch. Even with the big marketing campaign around it, that product does not sell as good as people think.
    I will agree with the first half of your post concerning dist and monies, But, the second half is just nonsense.
    Full Throttle ( regular, not SF or Fury) sells like crazy, If it continues to sell like it has been I think that it will overtake No Fear possibly within a year or so.
    I would even say that within a few years it will give Monster a serious run for it's spot. Just so there is no confusion, I DO NOT think that it would ever come close to what Red Bull does.
    If what you did yesterday still looks big, you haven't done much today.

ok ok...If you want to get technical.
    Full throttle does not come close red bull in sales right? so let move to the second Rockstar in the west coast or Monster. To my understanding, Full throttle sales is not exactly like the above yet right? So what do you mean by "Full throttle sells like crazy".
    If it sells like crazy, than rockstar would be astronomical? Monster would be unimaginable? and Red Bull would be God?
    Let come back down to earth,
    Red bull sells like crazy
    Monster doing pretty well
    Rockstar pretty good seller
    Full throttle Its moving or so.
    again, Full throttle does not sell as well as you think.
    If it does not sell like Red Bull, Rockstar, Monster than what would it equate to in cases per week? 10 cans? 1 Case?
    I dont think it nonsense anymore.

Of course there are exceptions like its doing well in Texas or where ever, but keep in mind that in some other state, it doesnt move at all.

Just keeping it real.

i am also in talks with a new energy drink manufaturer overseas who has a product i believe can be real big, i have recieved a few samples and everyone that has tasted it loves it,i am new to the beverage business so i dont know much.One thing im excited about is that the comapny has given me exclusivity in some 26 states, what is the right way to market this product? should i go to national distributors or regional, should i hit the roads and sell this product store to store at first to establish a track record? WHAT WOULD BE A GOOD PRICE PER CASE 24 CANS 250 ML ?any help would be great.
    PS ANY NATIONAL OR REGIONAL DISTRIBUTORS ON THESE BOARDS INTERESTED IN A GREAT NEW ENERGY DRINK, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME @JFALCO69@AOL.COM

HUNGRY,
    I believe Iam talking to the same company and then all of a sudden cannot get hold of any one there. They do not return phone calls or emails. It seems it would be a great seller at Night clubs and bars nothing else.
    Marss