Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So has anyone seen the new 24oz resealable Rockstar cans? That is insane?!

This sounds like more of a Rockstar Promotion to me!

LBL

Actually, I was told that other energy products (I will not mention) will be soon coming in this size can.

I ordered two cans of Jolt products from sodafinder a while back, so that instance is the only time I've spent with these cans.

They indeed are insane, and I'll tell you there is not a more satisfying feeling and sound than opening up one of these babies.

But I can't imagine how much more money these things add to products. And I'm tired of 20oz drinks anyway, I think we need to downsize our soda servings, although Zabe might disagree with me.

SEV

Well, I think of it this way, it is in my opinion that for best taste, energy drinks should be very cold when served. By the time you get to the bottom of a 24oz can it will be warm. So waste will happen, then people will ultimately by a smaller can anyways?! SO I don't understand---maybe someone can explain to me??

Agreed about the warming factor. That's why when I'm in a serious soda pop mode, I use frozen can holders. LOL I have a pair I picked up about 15 years ago and they are still working quiet well.

It's funny,I'm not always a high volume drinker. I do however love soda pop ice cold right before it starts to form ice crystals. YUM Nothing like the taste and mouth feel of an ice cold soda pop. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 03-04-2006, 12:23 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Wow, I can hear the pleasure in your typing!

It's fun to share stuff on this board. Tks [img]smile.gif[/img]

I think that the resealable can is a good idea, however not on a 24 oz energy drink. It probably will be a dust magnet. The cost of the can along with the size will price itself out of competition. I do not think that it is intended to be consumed in one sitting, hence the resealable lid. Most energy drinks have some carbonization to them so the lid would help it from going flat while it is placed back in the fridge.
    Who knows maybe one day energy drinks will be so commonplace they will come in 2 liters. I wouldn't want to see the price point on a 2 liter though, talk about sticker price shock!!!
    If what you did yesterday still looks big, you haven't done much today.

Monster has been using the re-sealable 24oz.can for awhile