Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I was wondering how a lot of the 1-man entrepreneurs out there are moving their machines. I'm considering getting one of those Lectro trucks (a heavy-duty hand truck with a built-in lift), which should work, but they're horribly expensive. However, one man can maneuver a fully-loaded machine by himself if using one.

How is everyone else moving their machines around?

I have a second guy helping me, if your not big enough, its pretty tough just getting the machine tipped back on the kick out wheels.

This Lectro truck has a built-in tri-pod with rollers that you can use to assist in rolling the thing around. I just hate having to spend $3000 on something like that.

do they rent those anywhere in ky?

Well, I checked with Avis, and they seem to think I can manage fine with an 18' bed, a hand truck and a lift gate which I can rent for a day for $47 for the truck + .25 per mile and $12 for the hand truck. Given that I would have to rent the truck anyway (even with the Lectro-truck), if they think I can use the hand truck by myself to move my machines, then then by all means I will keep my $3000.00 and give it a try!

I assume you will have a few extra hands to help out with the move. Trust me,it may seen easy on paper but it can get involved at least for us novices. [img]smile.gif[/img] Good Luck

(It's not worth the risk of hurting your back or legs when you move large bulky semi heavy big boxes like refrigerators and the like.)

[ 03-10-2006, 01:13 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

I don't really have anyone to help me out, and everyone I know works during the times I would need the help.

I think I may just buy one of those hand trucks and when my machines get here try it out and see if I can manage the tilt and feel comfortable moving the machine. I suppose I could move them empty instead of being full of product which oughta shave off about 400 pounds or so!

PLEASE.....do NOT attempt to move them with a full load of cans!!!!! Move them empty and fill them after you spot them into place. I know all of our seasoned industry guys will same the same thing. Loading 15 or so cases is duck soup then trying to spot in a full machine. I hope you were joking. If not your asking for some major troubles.

If it were me, I would hire a laborer for the day.
    $50 spent on help beats 3 weeks in bed with pain meds. Trust me on this. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Well said. I will definitely make sure they are empty!

I would hire a helping hand that way you get what you have to done and they are also happy to get some extra cash. plus it would save you a lot of time with extra help