Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I figured I would ask this silly question about energy drinks. Do you all think they are here to stay or will certain drinks drop off and the ones at the top or remaining at the top stay around and eventually be the only energy drinks? Or will new energy drinks constantly keep on developing trying to outdue each other? And I know at least one or two people will come on this subject claiming that they have the new and upcoming award winner

Certain drinks will drop off, drinks that are too weak are just getting by on the fact that energy drinks are the "in" thing right now, as soon as that dies out, only the drinks doing well will stick around, ie Monster, Rockstar, SoBe, Redbull... that's my opinion.

[ 03-15-2006, 03:31 PM: Message edited by: Nick Laugher ]

I agree that only the top tier of drinks will be around for 2007. The energy craze, IMO, will start to fade off sometime next year. I mean, do we really need more than 24 ounces in one package? And multi-packs are all over now. We've seen straight energy, energy/juice, energy/coffee, energy/cola, low carb, etc. How many more variations do we need?

As many as we can get

Do you guys think that the companies like coke and such just due to having a lot of money will still keep their energy drinks around even if they were not selling as much just to have something out there to offer even if it wasnt really worth it for them or would they just drop the whole energy drink line and go back to what they were doing in the first place? I am not taking sides but whenever i go to anyplace that sells energy drinks most of the time it seems like somebody is buying redbull, or monster and the others are just there taking up space

I think they'll just keep them around, they might as well. Rockstar (coke) and Amp (pepsi) do pretty well around here. Isn't SoBe owned by Pepsi now too? If it is, I know No Fear and Arush do awesomely.

Pepsi is distributing Sobe, but I don't know if they own it or not. Sobe drinks do well here as well.

Our pepsi dist. carries sobe, and amp, Dr. Pepper does RED JAK, which I think tastes like crap, but I see it at alot of bars. What do you guys pay for amp, I cant get pepsi to sell it for any less than $38 a case so I am going to stop vending it.

$38 that is insane, if Red Bull's cost to distributors is around 25 dollars and it is imported then sold for 32?. Pepsi should be able to offer heavy discounts, especially as it is an "add on" product, Arush sells better and they sell at least 4 other energy drinks? you may consider trying some second or third tier distributors?

My Pepsi distributor has quoted me $31 per case. All Sobe products, Starbucks Double Shot and AMP are all $31 per case.