Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Just wondering if locations consisting mostly of women would be worth pursuing. Anyone have any experience with female-dominated demographics?

I find that most states have laws barring Energy Drink sales to women.

C'mon, do women drink Energy Drinks?????? Well if Coke did a market research test and came up with the idea of marketing an Energy Drink especially to women and called it Tab Energy, that would tell me that YES, women drink energy drinks.
    However, I don't think anyone has come up with an effective marketing tool to address the needs of women and their energy drink decision making cues. Tab Energy, in my book made the whole Tab Energy drink to light and portrayed a sense of solace when you drank it. Women need energy as much if not more than Men these days because of the pressures put on them by Society to do it all!
    Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!

Well I was just wondering if the energy drink segment is something that appeals to the "push it to the limit" mode guys oftentimes see as desireable. You know, maybe like adding a little bit of testosterone to the diet, so to speak. In a way, I wonder if that's why they came up with the name "Red Bull", to imply that men can be manly men by drinking it. Plus, the taste of these drinks seems less appealing to women because they don't have that "soda pop" flavor as much as the Diet Pepsi their used to.

Women are a much much smaller segment than men. I think I had the % at one point but cant remember- but it is much smaller. The competitive nature of men increase energy drink consumption. Of course there are woman who drink energy drinks, hence tab, but you won't find nearly as much sales if you put ur red bull machine in a teachers lounge etc.

Women also don't consume like men...if you do find a female who drinks energy she will most likely not consume 2,3,4 like some men do

I know of 2 women who drink up to 3-4 Red bulls/day. They are both managers of a retail store and work long shifts.

EntrEnergy, I hope you mean that woman energy drink drinkers are a smaller segment than Men energy drink drinkers. Woman actually make up 51% of the population in th U.S.
    Studies have shown that since the enactment of things like Title 9 that women and especially girls have become more aggressive in all aspects of life. An unfortunate reaction is that girls are becoming more violent, do drugs more, drink alcohol more, and smoke cigarettes more than boys the same age.
    But I digress.

Due to the ever changing attitudes of women and their new competitive zeal i think they are an important segment to go after.
    Madison Ave admitted years ago that they drove more marketing dollars towards women than men by over 5 to 1. Very important information when marketing anything.
    Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!

Women + Energy drinks...sounds like a bad combination to me. More energy to nag and complain. "Try de-caf dear".
    banned

LOL boodoo. However, the reality is women do drink energy drinks. And I think the low carb option is the right one for them. I don't know how many women I see (or have seen) drinking low carb Monster, Diet Rockstar, etc. etc. They do drink them and I believe there is an opportunity to market to them. However, I don't think anyone has done it the right way yet to REALLY capitalize on energy drinks for women.

IMO
    I think this notion that females consume energy drinks based on differences between the sexes is a bunch of bunk.

Explain the soda pop catagory. Low cal,low carb soft drinks are consumed by both sexes (I'm guessing) at nearly the same rates.

Actually I see more gals when I'm out and about drinking Red Bull,Monster and other energy drinks.
    Gals are just like guys, they want a drink that gives them a boost. Like someone else said before the can could have a picture of Alfred E. Newman on it and if it gave a great boost it would sell well. (Yes, I know taste and price play a big part. Just making a point.)

[ 03-21-2006, 07:17 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Not that I have ever been to a strip club... but I have been told strippers across the USA down energy drinks by the barrel.