Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Well a friend of mine is an IBO with Quixstar (not sure if that's how it's spelled). He was telling me some stuff about XS and I find it hard to believe. Basically I just have a few concerns about what he mentioned.

1)Does XS really have the highest B12 content out of energy drinks? Also, How much B12 is it?

2)He said his drink would give me a bigger buzz because of this, even when I mentioned how nothing works for me.

3)I let him try a Redline recently, he only had half a can, so he can't really say anything about it but he said that he got more of a sugar high from it, is that even possible with Redline?

I personally think he's just trying to sell me his drink. I honestly don't see how his little 8 oz drink could do more or give more of a buzz then Monster, or Rockstar. Also, the root beer and tropical blast taste pretty good, I think any energy drink that tastes as good as that can't possibly do much. IMO I would think that the company would spend more on the flavor then the energy ingredients.
    The guy who can\'t find a working energy drink.

Your friend has been suckered into a pyramid scheme. He is either lying to you about the benefit of XS or he has been brain washed.
    Try drinking a real energy drink on an empty stomach and then get up off your butt and get moving I think you will find it will give you energy. If you drink a “real” energy drink and sit on one place it wont do any thing. You notice the effect when you move.
    By real energy drink I mean one with sugar not corn syrup, amino acids, vitamins and caffeine.
    If a drink has no carbohydrates then you have no energy to burn.

Yea I've heard of it being called a pyramid scheme before. But I couldn't tell if you were telling me to get up and move? That's what I always doing, they still don't work. That's not the point though, so anyway I'm not real sure what you're getting at, or what it has to do with my first post.

Oh and BTW aren't most drinks merely stimulants, even if they have carbs, calories, etc.?

I was just pointing out that if a person drinks an energy drink and just sits there they would never notice any added energy. Also it helps to be on an empty stomach.
    Caffeine jitters are not energy. You should notice more effect if you are tired before you drink one.

Oh ok, except a drink like Redline, where on the bottle it reccommends not to be taken on an empty stomach. I guess that would explain why caffeine is good at waking people up. Do you have any answers to my first post though?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Guess Who:
    [QB] Well a friend of mine is an IBO with Quixstar (not sure if that's how it's spelled). He was telling me some stuff about XS and I find it hard to believe. Basically I just have a few concerns about what he mentioned.

1)Does XS really have the highest B12 content out of energy drinks? Also, How much B12 is it?

I don’t know. But if you are looking for B12 just take a vitamin.

2)He said his drink would give me a bigger buzz because of this, even when I mentioned how nothing works for me.

Your friend is wrong or brainwashed. You decide.

3)I let him try a Redline recently, he only had half a can, so he can't really say anything about it but he said that he got more of a sugar high from it, is that even possible with Redline?

Sugar high is a myth. Your friend was trying to put down sugar because his drink has none. If his drink has sugar he would extol the benefits of sugar. Your body converts sugar into energy but it is not a stimulant.

I personally think he's just trying to sell me his drink. I honestly don't see how his little 8 oz drink could do more or give more of a buzz then Monster, or Rockstar. Also, the root beer and tropical blast taste pretty good, I think any energy drink that tastes as good as that can't possibly do much. IMO I would think that the company would spend more on the flavor then the energy ingredients.

Originally posted by Guess Who:

I think any energy drink that tastes as good as that can't possibly do much. IMO I would think that the company would spend more on the flavor then the energy ingredients.
    How is your "friend " an authority on what will or won't work for you. If no other energy drink on the market has done anything for you odds are his will not have an affect.

Tell your friend to check the Label on the REDLINE. You can not get a sugar buzz from it because there is NO SUGAR in it!.

Since when does taste have to do with potency. I understand buffering agents and flavoring but just because a drink taste good does not automatically mean that it is not potent. Conversely, by your statement, if the energy drinks really bad is be very strong
    Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!

I'm not 100% sure but I think Wired B12 rush might have the most B12. Not a very good drink when I tried it.

I'm not really looking for a high B12 drink, I just wanted to know if XS really does have the highest, because I really don't believe that it does.

Greg I never believed him to be the authority on what affects me, that's why I came on here asking about XS. I guess I just want to disprove him lol. But yes I understand that a bad tasting drink can be potent, or not very potent, and vice versa with a good tasting drink. I really should not have said that, since none of them work for me I can't speak from personal experience and I don't know enough about the matter to say anything like that, so sorry about making a statement like that.

Your comment on taste proves something that I've noticed when having people sample various formulas of energy drinks: People find that good tasting energy drinks lack credibility. When a drink doesn't taste so good, it gives the average person a misconception of potency.