Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Defcon 3

I picked some of this up at a dollar store, and it isn't bad for the price (a six pack was a buck!)

A dollar store is where it belongs. Just one more crappy drink that tried to ride the red bull wave and popular ghetto culture.

I don't doubt that the product is crap. But I didn't think that even a product backed by the marketing support of a rapper/producer would end up in the dollar store. I wonder what they did wrong.

Maybe they would have been more successful if they named it something a little more sexual, or targeted a market smaller than the average mans Hat size, or gave it a cultural specific name, or had sexually suggestive graphics on it, or suggested its use was almost illegal, or named it after a recreational drug, or named after a football player, baseball player, actor, etc, or (insert joke here).
    Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!

The defcon thing is a Russell Simmons thing. Making his money by promoting gang culture to American youth.

Originally posted by Lepke:
    The defcon thing is a Russell Simmons thing. Making his money by promoting gang culture to American youth.
    Proving my point that Big Names and/or culturally specific names do not sell drinks on their own.
    He probably figured his name would get him in the door to major distributors and all he got was small time guys pimping it in liqour stores.
    Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!

I don't care who's backing what product, but I can't complain for a measly dollar. Another man's trash is another man's tresure.

True enough David. One mans meat is another’s poison. One manes garbage is another mans gold. And so on.

6 pack for a buck?! damn!

How is Russel Simmons promoting the gang culture?