Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi, guys,

Novice here; interested in your real world experience. Since mid-2005 Hansen's stock is up 500-600% -- what do you attribute that too?

Do you find their drinks to be vastly superior to its direct competitors - Red Bull, KO, PEP, etc? Do they give retailers better deals (and hence get greater distribution?)

Do you think they can continue this success in light of other competitors? Why?

Interested to hear your thoughts; thanks for sharing,

Patrick.

Last week being my first week vending Red Bull and Monster in the same machine:

Red Bull: 4 cans
    Monster: 14 cans

I have other energy drinks in my machine as well, but this is just what these two have done the first week side by side, literally.

I have 2 new machines coming, I have them set up 3 of the columns for the 16.6 oz redbull, incase it ever go to the shelves for real. For now I will be vending Fullthrottle and monster. Just to see what kind of vends I can get.

red bull vendor post the sales stats...bullman are you vending monster and rb at the same price? those stats are interesting.

Bullman I will give you a case of SumPoosie to vend for free to see how it does next to Monster and Red Bull. I think you will be shocked.

Im new to the Energy Business here. Been drinking many kinds for 2 years though, and I have some research on each of the ones ive had. How did you guys get into the vending business? Where did you get your start?

Spartan Reaper
    Spartan Dan

That's interesting, Bullman,

Why do you think that is? Is Monster that much better tastng / give more energy than Red Bull? Or is it a pricing difference? Or do you like working w/ the Monster people better?

Interested to hear your thoughts,
    Pat

Monster is definitaley too sweet for me on a regular basis...but if I need to get something done fast I go with monster of anything. Tallthinblonde I am moving to multiple product vending machines, I can see your products sales stats in the future.

I've sold both Monster and Red Bull at one time. Monster does have much better pricing and the larger can makes it a great value. Monster supports a buy 3 get 1 free program which nets down to $24/case or $1/can to the retailer. It allows them to double their money at $2 a can or even run a 2for$3 promotion and still make a great profit margin. I'm also impressed with the quality of their product and think it's the best combination of taste/energy kick out there. A great choice/variety of flavors and an unlimited supply of P.O.S. material made it much more fun for me to sell than Red Bull. That, and I've always liked chasing the #1 brand. I think I might buy some of that stock!

Yes, I'm vending Red Bull and Monster from the same machine, and Monster is selling circles around Red Bull. In fact, it's outselling all of my Sobe drinks as well. I'm not sure why it sells so much, but I love it because my lowest cost drink is Monster.

In about 2 weeks, I will have another 2 machines on location with the same product configuration. It will be interesting to see how the sales stack up.