Bevboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Monster/AB Deal

Any Board Members have an opinion or comment on the Monster/Budwieser Distribution Deal? Will any of you be effected by this transition-postive or negative.

I don't trust Monster, look for AB to have most places.

haven't heard much.where is this taking place? i know in detroit it is distributed by a miller distributor.

I know when AB had 180 energy drink...they had that stuff everywhere! AB's strong distribution is probably one of the big reasons this is happening...

Does AB have access to many accounts that don't carry alcoholic products?

That's a good question...i.e. WOULD they deliver Hansens products to a c-store that doesn't carry beer???

Here in jersey alcohol and non-alcohol are very separate.
    The vast majority of c-stores don’t have any beer. There are a very few exceptions that may have been grandfathered in.
    180 was very hard to find here because of that. I found a few cans in one c-store and I was in hundreds.

So in a place like New Jersey giving the brand to a beer house would spell death for the brand on the street level.

We have no alcohol in supermarkets, c-stores, gas stations only in liquor stores.

in michigan anyone can purchase a beer license. therefore they can cover all licensed stores, including many party/c-stores. however, would they be willing to go to all of the stores that don't sell beer? prob. not.

Well that explains it - in states like Michigan you are more likely to see AB wholesalers taking care of Monster. Maybe you'll miss a deli here and there, but that's not a big account.

In a place like New Jersey, seems like you won't see AB distributing.

Nice flexibility in this deal. And I think AB will incur some or all of the severance fees, but I'm not positive.

In Minnesota we have 3.2% beer in most c-stores.
    The Minneapolis market has very good distribution in c-store but not in bars. What do you think? Will they pay much to the small rural distributors?