Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I have read all of the comments in relation to Nitro2Go and I think someone is really putting some bad publicity out against this great product. Go to Google.com and do a search on
    Nitro2Go and see how many pages you come up with.?? If drinks are collecting Dust on the shelf then that is a distributors error by not keeping the store serviced correctly. If someone has not returned your phone calls, then you didnt call me, as we answer the phone @ my office 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. 1-800-469-3010. Other distributors that carry other products, IE: Monster, Red Bulls, Rockstar or Full Throttle are merely order takers, they dont sell anything, they just take orders. New products take salesmanship and product sampling to new customers. If you have followed the Nitro2Go Program, and failed then you definitely didnt have the correct instructions in the beginning. There are over 700 Energy Drinks currently on the market, and Nitro2Go is the top of the pack. Read the Bev Net Review if you want to know what people think of the taste of the beverage. It is there in plain english. How many other companies can you name that have been in this business for now 9 years that are still here.?? Surely, something is going right!!

Stay tuned and I am anxious to see your responses soon. JSC
    J. S. Clayborn 1-800-469-3010

Now this is a post by someone who knows how to represent a company.
    You seem polite, professional, not confrontational and offering good service. Very refreshing considering the hostile posts by other people connected to this brand.

And you are 100% correct; there is a huge difference between a real salesman and simply an order taker.

I don’t know if nitro2go is as you put it “top of the pack” but with a salesman like you they could be one day.

It seems to me that obviously someone has had to sell all of the brands mentioned.Monster was nowhere on the radar screen 5 years ago now look at it. The same with Rockstar. That takes salesmanship. As a matter of fact the only one out of the 4 you mentioned I would loosely describe as order takers is the Full Throttle. Coke, like anyone would do in their situation, force the new product on you and use their flagship brand as the leverage.

It is my feeling that people don't like Nitro2Go because of the reputation of its sales force: The usual Nitro2Go rep is rude, arrogant, and overbearing.
    Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!

While at one time monster, rock star and even red bull had to be sold to the stores by real salesmen, today they no longer need to be pitched to a retailer. Now they just go in and take the order.

Please raise your hand if you have been a sales rep for Monter, RockStar, or Red Bull? I have been a sale Rep. for Red Bull, and while repping other items, been on ride alongs with reps who sell Monster and Rock Star. Let me tell you, it may be MUCH MUCH easier a sell than pitching a new energy drink, but there is still sales involved. It is almost as hard to pull a new spot on the shelf for a new drink, and to keep your own space, or try to expand for a new sku. Even a huge chain like Safeway or Albertsons, when on Ad, Red Bull still has to be sold in for a display. Like I said, it may be easier than pitching a new brand, which I have done, but there is so much involved with the upkeep, and competition, and shelf space, that if you think of that job as an order taker, you will not last.

Ron,

In this market the RB distributor calls the shots. They have the retailer trained.
    A couple of years ago they had a meeting with all the account managers to tell them that at this point they are all disposable. At one time they needed a real sales force to get 100% penetration and the full shelf space. At this point RB owns their shelves and no retailer is touching them. That space is taken and that’s the end of it. Like I said they trained the retailers like trained dogs.

It takes no sales skills to pitch the stacker promotions and 4 and 12 packs displays and so on. The account manager explains the deal and if the retailer wants the free goods and he does want the free goods he takes the deal.

Todays account managers are nothing but order takers.

The distributor here is tough and is not well liked by the storeowners or managers but they do as they are told because here RB is king.

I agree with Lepke here. Anywhere you go in Baltimore the energy drinks are on the shelves and selling well. Orders are being taken.I have a Safeway 2 miles from my house and I have never seen a display for an energy drink. Just today I went down the aisle with the Energy Drinks and the shelves with Monster and Red Bull were half empty.

Maybe this is not the right place to mention this but it seems to me that Red Bull has made a serious mistake and is on the sidelines while Rockstar and Monster run up and down the field. Red Bull distibution nationwide does not begin to compare to that of Coke and AB. It seems Rockstar and Monster have a leg up and soon will have Red Bull in their REARVIEW mirror. Teaming up with those giants seems to be a huge move for both Rockstar and Monster. Seems Red Bull was sleeping at the wheel.

Boy, I am so glad to see some responses per my posting. It is great to see a good group of beverage guru's at their best.

Let's not forget that Red Bull is manufactured in South Vietnam for $6.00/24ct case landed here in the USA. So they have $$ millions to spend on advertising and shelf space that is not available to an AMERICAN Beverage Vendor. In our State of Arkansas, no beverage vendor can occupy more than 60% of any one shelf. This is seen as a monopoly. Do they really PAY FOR THESE spaces or do they simply give them 24ct cases for the space.?? Ask to see the actual contracts given to the retailers and you might find the story is different. As far as Coca Cola, aka Full Throttle or oka Rock Star, these guys are the RED ARMY, and no one can compete with them as they OWN the cooler, store, shelf or maybe they just have the store owner convinced that they do. um?? The largest problem with any new or existing energy drink or water is having total coverage distribution. If Coca Cola, Monster, Rockstar, etc, come out with a new flavor or sku, within 7 days it is in the store. This is priceless and hard to beat. If you service your store, sample the employees and customers, I can promise you that Nitro2Go will OUTSELL any brand. Good Pricing and Great Tasting Product. Hard to compete against the Red Army & Blue Army (PEPSI), but we are trying and we are NOT going away, so stay tuned. JSC
    J. S. Clayborn 1-800-469-3010

If it was manufactured in South Vietnam I do not believe it would be any good since South Vietnam hasn't been a country in 30 years.
    If what you did yesterday still looks big, you haven't done much today.