Bevboard

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Bull 12oz.

Okay the news is out! What do you guys think? Good Move or Not? It appears as though the target retail is $2.49 It appears as though the 16oz didn't work as well as expected!

Be careful what you say....big brother is on this board.
    Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!

LOL
    This will be the start of another long thread of the Red Bull haters vs the Red Bull pioneers. LMAO

Popping the pop corn and icing down a fresh fridge pack of my beloved Pepsi. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 08-24-2006, 07:07 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

Remember this:

Originally posted by leisuredrummer:
    The reason Red Bull has always had the 8.3oz can and has never gone bigger is because of the fact that 8.3oz is all your body needs and all that it can use. Anything else is wasted by your body. It isn't meant to be a "pleasure" beverage but as a energy booster.
    I guess their backwards ass (IMO!) logic ruled infavor against the 16oz can? So as a result it didn't do as well? I really doubt they would intentionally kill the product, no?

I think a 12 0z. can 4 Red Bull will look like a bad value, considering a 12 oz. can of Coke or Pepsi costs about a 25 cents.

I Think RedBull is now feeling some preasure to move to a bigger can....I know..I know they are the creators of the energy category ect..ect..
    but lets be realistic monster and rockstar sobe and fullthrotel are eating up market share and from a.c nielsen reports monster now has 43% market share in so. cal and phonix and coming on strong in Dallas and houston. RedBull and Monster are clearly #1 and #2 and IMOP redbull needs to step up to stay @ #1 and keep market share. My biggest surprise was to see how Rockstar is starting to fall behind surprising since CCE has a such a strong dist system.

Zneo, As long as RockStar is owned by anyone other than Coke, it will always be like an ugly cousin you had to take to the dance with you! CCE will carry it, but they will promote Full Throttle.

Originally posted by rackitup:
    I think a 12 0z. can 4 Red Bull will look like a bad value, considering a 12 oz. can of Coke or Pepsi costs about a 25 cents.
    Well then how do suppose people get around the fact they pay $1.99 for an 8oz can????

Oh Yeah, because it is a functional drink, not just a thirst quencher.
    Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!

Hmm...this one caught me a little off guard...12oz can? I guess we'll see what happens. Obviously, RB did feel pressure to move to a larger can...but perhaps they're still trying to differentiate themselves from the other brands. The only thing is, I don't know if this kind of differentiation will be positive or negative. Many 16oz brands are selling for $2-$2.50...will the consumer pay the same for 4oz less just because its Red Bull? Did it say when this will hit the market?

If you think about the 12oz versus the 8oz, the larger can makes sense for two reasons. Think about it, RB was founded in Thailand and brought to Austia. If the serving size was based on people from Thailand, the people are a whole lot smaller than americans.Therefore it wouldn't have the same effects on a larger person. Next, for the Red bull fans, the real fans, the people who drink a four or five cans a week, don't you think they build up a tollerance to the ingedients? I think it's a good move, a perfect size. A 16oz can leaves you feeling bloated like you just swalled a bowling ball and at times 8 oz just isn't enough. Redbull hit them right in the middle....I think it'll do GREAT!!!!