Bevboard

Thread: Sobe No Fear?

I had some papers to copy so I swung by the office today, before hand I was at a gas station & picked up a 16oz can of No Fear as they were out of my Gatorade Frost. Feeling some strong effects I read the ingredients and to my surprise it has creatine in it. A lot of creatine in it. I lift a few times a week and do sup with creatine cycles a few times a year.. but the recomended dosage of people up to like 350lbs is 5-6mg, the can seems to have 2 servings of 25mg, totaling 50mg. I'm not concerned about it from my perspective but what about other folks? From my understanding the safety of creatine isn't all that well established, I know I've read of professional athletes hospitalized from creatine side-effects, and assume that with the higher the dosage the greater the risks. I know my creatine bottle has all sorts of warnings and disclaimers on it, the no fear bottle seems to only give warning to "persons sensitive to caffeine". I can't say I'm familiar with every energy drink's ingredient list, but I do not recall seeing creatine in any other energy drink (outside what specialized products may be sold at the gym or at a GNC store). Does Sobe know something about the safety of creatine that I don't? I'd be interested seeing what kind of supporting documents they have that convinced them they could mass market a drink with no warnings on it that packs enough creatine to make Arnold Schwarzenegger have a flashback. Does anyone know of a similar drink? Are other mainstream energy drinks stacked with creatine? I think it may even be illegal in some countries. Thoughts on this?

Have a good weekend!

Your information seems to be skewed. Creatine intake for a healthy adul t male can be in the range of 5-6g 2x per day if it is esterfied. If it is a common monohydrate version of creatine it can be up to 75 g per day. Not mg.
    Moreover, creatine becomes unstable after about 7-10 minutes in liquid. It turns into creatinine. It is virtually useless at this point for creatinine is basically used up or spent creatine.
    I have wondered for years why no one has called out SOBE on this bogus claim of creating drinks with creatine in them.
    Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!

You are abosolutely correct! I was thinking supplements contained milligrams, not grams. This is a negligible ammount, but I admit does make for a great step in specialized marketing.

Thanks and sorry for the long post!